New From Trialtech...

Mark W

Some of the other new Trialtech parts have appeared online now too:

large_ttheadset01.jpg

Sweet new headset (59g, not bad).

large_ttfluid.jpg

Fluid (£8 per bottle), which is 100% made in the UK and safe down to -12°C.

large_ttslwashers01.jpg

Alloy cylinder washers with O-ring to make fitting and adjusting your brake a load easier.

We (me, Stan and Cap) were running machined down headsets a good few years back so I imagine they might have been inspired by that. Cap's been running one of their sample headsets for a bit too just to make 100% sure they work fine.

Was almost tempted to get one after running a machined down on in one of my old Arcade builds.

• Like 1

We (me, Stan and Cap) were running machined down headsets a good few years back so I imagine they might have been inspired by that. Cap's been running one of their sample headsets for a bit too just to make 100% sure they work fine.

Was almost tempted to get one after running a machined down on in one of my old Arcade builds.

Sorry for my naivety, but how can a machined down headset carry any better performance attributes over a non machined?

Or is it simply a weight thing?

It will end up with a little surface rust over time (as it will in a full headset cup), but a wipe over with some wire wool would get rid of it, and it could be prevented by giving it a wipe with an oily rag if you wished (Y)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I haven't heard of anyone having problems with any of them.

I don't really get what's going on in that issue Gordon's having though - the screws are all pre-threadlocked so they shouldn't be able to move around in use, not to mention that aside from it setting the start/end point of the lever movement, the grub screws shouldn't have any effect once you've actually pulled the lever in?

When he was pulling the lever in, as normal as he was riding, the grub screw was winding in, somehow, so much so, that the lever, once he let it go, wouldn't return out, almost locking his wheel. Really weird. He had to take them out to ride meaning the lever was sat well out. The grubs didn't look to have much thread lock on them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7. Juni 2016 at 7:02 AM, niconj said:

Anyone knows when the V2 forks and the new levers will be released?

Some dealers get a Trialtech V2 fork next week as a sample. The entire batch is going to be shipped in a couple of weeks. :) I'll get mine next week. :D

15 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Less weld area at the top (and bottom?) of the mount. Weld doesn't go all the way round now.

Have you seen the fork yet? I'll get mine by the end of next week. I'll post a picture of this area.