New From Trialtech...

Mark W

trudat-blog.jpg

Don't think I've ever had anyone on the phone ask for an "is is BB" or "I S I S BB". Even mums know it's "eye-siss".

I've heard someone call it an "eye-sice" (like "slice" without the "L"). And i have heard "I S I S" before but to be fair to the guy he was a tool quite generally so not really good as an example.

So before i buy one. I've only ever used truvativ team DH bb's and the main one i've had was second hand when i bought it years ago. I crushed it to the point where it locks up and if you force it round it makes a noise like a screeching banshee.

This one the same/better strength wise than the team DH you reckon?

So what else are trialtech brining out?

I can't say what yet, but I can say that they've been tested for pretty much forever (over 2 years in some cases), and almost all their new parts are lighter than what else is out there whilst being stronger, better designed and longer lasting. This is what happens when companies that actually give a shit about trials and about riders get into the mix.

That's what i say. :unsure:

Then you're doing it wrong.

I can't say what yet, but I can say that they've been tested for pretty much forever (over 2 years in some cases), and almost all their new parts are lighter than what else is out there whilst being stronger, better designed and longer lasting. This is what happens when companies that actually give a shit about trials and about riders get into the mix.

Wow. Trialtech are really trying hard now. I hope they bring out some things that they had never tried before. e.g frames, brakes or brake pads. :lol:

I've heard someone call it an "eye-sice" (like "slice" without the "L"). And i have heard "I S I S" before but to be fair to the guy he was a tool quite generally so not really good as an example.

Talking of tools in bike shops, there is a guy that goes in the local bike shop (Wheelies) that the staff call note pad because he doesn't ask questions he writes them down and shows them to the staff member he is addressing.

That's what i say. :unsure:

LOL nerd ;)

Wow. Trialtech are really trying hard now. I hope they bring out some things that they had never tried before. e.g frames, brakes or brake pads. :lol:

I have often wondered that very same thing.....

• 4 weeks later...

I need to get a new BB as my Echo TR has just died after just over a year of use, I have been looking at the TrialTech lite but Im just woundering if the bearings can be replaced if they die?

If so can they be replaced with the new neon bearings as they both seem to have the smaller bearing design?

• 3 weeks later...

Not saying anything bad about trialtech when i say this (even though every rim i have had from them has had troubles with either keeping the tyre on or taking it off), but its seems to be that the trialtech and rockman 108 freewheels are exactly the same, just me? Just paying a pound extra for some trialtech stickers :ermm: .

If they are, id be wary, the rockman one was supposed to butt up against the crank arm and tighten the lockring, where in fact, they'd made the actual drive ring too wide and there was a lip that sat on the cranks, meaning the lockring kept coming loose, leading to a bad case of the skippies.

And before you start jibbering on about bike maintenance, i even tacked the lockring up and somehow (im not exactly sure how :S) the tacks cracked and it came undone again.

In the end it met the gas axe :P.

Just sharing the knowledge,

Josh.

Edited by Rob Leech

Haven't used it for long, but so far, I'm very pleased with my Trialtech lite sport BB. Seemed like a well build part. Only time will tell if it lasts..

Exactly the comment I came to make; the whole thing seems really good! I was very thankful for the removable alu sleeves negating the need for a crazy BB tool.

I'm looking forward to my 1st ride on the Trialtech freewheel - Been a Chris King/Hope man for as long as I can remember, so it'll be an interesting change.

Crackin' stuff Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

That new 4 bolt booster looks awesome! Pretty damn light too, about a quarter the weight of my Tensile if I'm not mistaken!

To be fair, for a component like a booster shouldn't riders be wanting something really stiff and do its intended job and not care about its weight too much? I mean, after all, if you want to cut back a mere few grams just don't bother running one? Carbon boosters are all pretty flexy compared to solid aluminium ones in my experience, so it's not worth saving a few grams over! Cutting knobs off tyres and using electrical insu. tape sounds a far better plan for just pennies!