New From Trialtech...

Mark W

Carbon boosters are all pretty flexy compared to solid aluminium ones in my experience

Depends how well they are designed, and how the carbon is laid up. Ones cut from a sheet will always be useless (unless they are super thick/really heavy) because the fibres are in completely the wrong orientation.

To be fair, for a component like a booster shouldn't riders be wanting something really stiff and do its intended job and not care about its weight too much?

Why can't it be reasonably stiff and light? The Trialtech is more 'designed' than most other boosters out now, and so it can still be stiff without having to have excess weight on there. There's plenty of subtle touches on it that help reduce weight whilst not decreasing it's stiffness.

Oh no I wasn't having a go at Trialtech boosters. It was mainly aimed at the instant demand for a carbon version when that alu one looks almost as perfect as can be! I'm a big advocate of their range and especially this new booster. Since this new 4-bolt one is crazy light yet still very stiff, I'm just a bit muddled why a carbon one which is so much more expensive and not all that much lighter could be a demanded option. Seeing how light the booster range of Trialtech is already including this new 4-bolt one, I don't think there's all thaaat much weight that can be saved on an already brilliant component? Fair enough if the alu 4-bolt one was over 200g like my Tensile is!

Edited by Ares

Got the Trialtech Lite BB on mine now, was so happy to see the alu' sleeves on there! Feels very smooth, and only time will tell how long it'll last.

So far I've snapped a FSA Platinum Pro, killed the bearings on a Truvativ, and also a cheapo VP one too!

• 4 months later...

The Reset Titanium's snap...... easily :giggle:

Theres a Post on TF somewhere where the ISIS splines completly sheered of :blink:

Poor casting or something

Sold over 200, had 3 back - Patt Donovan, Ben Slinger, Dave Kerr. All top riders who go big and ride hard.

The axle isn't cast by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I've snapped a FSA Platinum Pro, killed the bearings on a Truvativ, and also a cheapo VP one too!

I'm running the Trialtech now after this happened, less than 4 months of riding on the FSA.

post-29178-0-69162900-1302098506_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Been running the Trialtech BB since the FSA got destroyed. No problems yet. However just stripped out my non drive side Trialtech crank arm. I let a friend ride it for about 30 minutes and I think he didn't notice that the pedal was getting loose.

Fact - If it's got wheels or tits, it's gonne give you problems.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Brand-frickin'-new from Trialtech are the Sport HS33 pads. Stan's been helping test these for the past few months with plastic backings and with his TNN backings, and they've been awesome. Made by the same company as the Try-All Croco pads.

large_trialtechhs33.jpg

Stan riding at Birchwood a while ago:

http://vimeo.com/18884434

Brand-frickin'-new from Trialtech are the Sport HS33 pads. Stan's been helping test these for the past few months with plastic backings and with his TNN backings, and they've been awesome. Made by the same company as the Try-All Croco pads.

large_trialtechhs33.jpg

Stan using the pads over in Lee Quarry:

And 5 months ago (with the same set!) at Birchwood:

http://vimeo.com/18884434

£20 quid in plastic backings ?

thats a stupid price when you dont even know how there going to perform

Well, they're £19, and the performance is the same as Try-All Crocos - which you can see in the video. Crocos should have had an RRP of £21.50, but we artificially reduced the price for the UK market to make them more affordable.