New From Trialtech...

Mark W

That's wonderful for you. But that doesn't mean that these pads are the same as TryAll pads does it?

That's true. They are made by the same man but are not all the same. I know how a pad is made and what goes into its composition. I have even been trying some I made a while ago. They weren't good but I know how Thierry works and he keeps the same basic recipe which makes all the pads he produces more or less similar.

The green pads weren't protos - they were commercially available? From my experience the different pads have fairly different performance too, it's not just a case of them being different colours just for looks...

I thought they were protos as well as the black ones Thierry once made in sky blue backings. Sorry about that. I didn't know he finally released them. They were out as protos when Koxx Grey Sky came out. Sorry. I know coulours doesn't all the time affect performance. But as I said above, I know how Thierry works and all his pads work well but have the same disadvantages.

• Like 1

i got to say this is an ausome bb as i got one because my fsa platinum wer to short for what i whanted as i chaned frame nd then wer running a bash ring but then i came across a problim when i fited the trialtech bb on the drive side when usein the spacer it locked the whole bb up i had sent it back to tarty bikes it come down to it where the bearin should of been on show for the spacer to run against on the drive side had not been machined right so the bb locked up when you tightened the crank arm up its just something your gona have to look out for when you purchace this bb but meany thanks to tarty bike crew sorted it out for me

thanks guys (Y)

Edited by eoghan c

i got to say this is an ausome bb as i got one because my fsa platinum wer to short for what i whanted as i chaned frame nd then wer running a bash ring but then i came across a problim when i fited the trialtech bb on the drive side when usein the spacer it locked the whole bb up i had sent it back to tarty bikes it come down to it where the bearin should of been on show for the spacer to run against on the drive side had not been machined right so the bb locked up when you tightened the crank arm up its just something your gona have to look out for when you purchace this bb but meany thanks to tarty bike crew sorted it out for me

thanks guys (Y)

:o Do you know what punctuation is?

• Like 2

That's the only 1 of those BBs I've heard having any sort of manufacturing defect like that on it, so I wouldn't say it was one to 'watch out for' as such.

but still could happen at any time again as you never know !!!!

:o Do you know what punctuation is?

were not in an english exam you know (Y)

Just as well too!

I should defend the Trialtech bb, but to be honest, I don't need to.

to true get over it !!! just thought i would put something to the post thats happend to me never know could happen else where ?? i will not bother next time !!

• 2 weeks later...

One more quick question about the BB. Are the bearings replaceable?

eoghan c:

Yes, not english course. But some of us here are not from England... I read that post three times, then gave it up. If you write to a forum, you do that because you want people to understand it...

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I'm from England and i have no idea what he was saying either, so i wouldn't worry.

I find it remarkable that so many foreigners like yourself have such a greater grasp of the English language than the many who have grown up through our education system who seem to write phonetically and without any form of apparent intelligence at all.

It's a credit to you KMT, and 'eoghan c' you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Like 2

Here's the Trialtech Sport Hose Splitter too. Stan's been testing these for a year or so now, and they're sweet. I put one on recently too and it certainly improved matters. The main differences with the Trialtech splitter is the larger internal bore, and the use of barbed fittings rather than the 'built-in' system on other splitters.

large_ttsplitter.jpg

large_ttsplitter2.jpg

large_ttsplitter3.jpg

large_ttsplitter4.jpg

Suitable for use on the front too if you give it a twist, as this photo of Cap's setup will hopefully show (if it works...).

How much are the Monty ones in Poland? They seem pretty good value (comparably) over here but maybe the Monty ones are really cheap over there...

Whats the point of that? Or are you just testing it out?

Better hose routing for front HS33 - keeps the hose away from the frame.

People seem to be happy to pay the price for Monty ones (Which are a tiny bit less than the Trialtech one), so bearing in mind how much better the Trialtech ones are I don't think it's that much of a problem. The Trialtech ones appear to be way higher quality than any splitter I've seen before, and use a better system for installation, so in comparison to what else is on the market they seem pretty reasonable.

Most people seem to find the Monty ones a bit of a b*****d to fit, which I think partially why Trialtech opted for the barbed fitting option. I've seen a few Monty ones break previously (we've definitely had customers who've broken them fitting them), so this alleviates that problem.