Hook Designs Launch

Shaun H

It's with great excitement I can now formally announce the launch of Hook Designs!

After months of hard work, testing and on occasion frustration, our first product is now available to purchase. Many of you may have read the Tribalzine article posted a couple of weeks ago which introduced the company and the bashring. Those of you who have ridden with me for any significant amount of time will probably know that I can talk about the technical side of trials (and cycling in general) all day long. It's a combination of this fascination and the culmination of the skills I've acquired studying Mechanical Engineering and the year of placement work I've done in the aerospace industry that inspired me to design and produce my own components. First product as you may have guessed is a bashring, hopefully have another part out in the near future.

I've got a small team of riders/testers who will be bringing exciting videos of their riding with Hook Designs parts. Currently this includes Kieran Whitefield, Steve "Steve-O" Rogers, Alec Wray and Kyle Livesy.

I'd like to give special credit to Charlie Ward who produced the logo and typography that characterises Hook Designs. He has provided a level of support that far surpasses what I could have expected. Also a special thanks to all the friends and riders who have provided feedback and helped to get this off the ground.

To keep up with all the latest, add Hook_Designs on Twitter.

So onto the bashring:

forumni.jpg

The Hook Designs UCI style bashring is the most advanced take on the two sided bash concept seen on the market. Designed for use with screw on cranks it features two totally different sides to achieve a competition level weight with street worthy strength. The product has been through a long design process including FEA analysis and an extensive prototyping phase. Produced from aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminium alloy to a superb level of quality, the bashring is aimed at the increasing market of weight conscious riders who still expect long life from their purchases.

• Full CNC machined 7075-T6 aluminium alloy construction.

• Can be orientated to suit left or right footed riders.

• High strength primary side and a light weight “switch” side gives a tough bashring with a low weight.

• 5mm wide base and contact area.

• 3mm thick centre section strategically lightened with shallow machining on primary side and matching machined out holes on the other.

• Built-in lip allows the bashring to be run with any freewheel.

• Laser etched logo and Hook Designs font.

• Suitable for 18T sprockets (88mm diameter).

• Weight: 26g

Available at Tartybikes now!

Looks smart and pretty strong too! and for £25 you cant really go wrong..

What about for £30?

Looks good anyway mate, good work!

Congrats on getting a product out there - do you guys have any plans to launch frames? (Sorry if you mentioned that already, I'm ultra hungover so just skim read your post)

What about for £30?

Looks good anyway mate, good work!

Congrats on getting a product out there - do you guys have any plans to launch frames? (Sorry if you mentioned that already, I'm ultra hungover so just skim read your post)

:lol: oops, got the price mixed up with the new speedrace bash.

Ultimately I'd love to design a frame but at least for now I'll be sticking to components.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

• 2 weeks later...

It's with great excitement I can now formally announce the launch of Hook Designs!

forumni.jpg

The Hook Designs UCI style bashring is the most advanced take on the two sided bash concept seen on the market. Designed for use with screw on cranks it features two totally different sides to achieve a competition level weight with street worthy strength. The product has been through a long design process including FEA analysis and an extensive prototyping phase. Produced from aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminium alloy to a superb level of quality, the bashring is aimed at the increasing market of weight conscious riders who still expect long life from their purchases.

EH?

Looks really cool dude, I like it.

Good luck!

Don't spend too much time analyzing your analysis though or you'll never get anything else done. :giggle:

EH?

Looks really cool dude, I like it.

Good luck!

Don't spend too much time analyzing your analysis though or you'll never get anything else done. :giggle:

Haha! Strictly speaking I'm analysing the computer/software's analysis :P but I guess it's still not good english!