2012 Inspired Range

Mark W

The Fourplay Team bike:

L_INS_Team_Green_1_RH_Side.jpg

L_INS_Team_Red_3_Side_Detail.jpg

L_INS_Team_Red_5_Front_Detail.jpg

Weight: 11.60kg (including pedals)

The Fourplay frame (which will be available in disc + 4-bolt, not just disc-only as shown):

L_INS_Team_Red_1_Side.jpg

L_INS_Team_Green_1_Side.jpg

L_INS_Team_Green_5_Dropouts.jpg

L_INS_Team_Green_7_Headtube.jpg

Geometry:

- Wheelbase: 1020mm (measured with Inspired Fourplay fork)

- Chainstays: 380mm

- BB rise: +20mm

- Head angle: 73°

- Brake spacing: 89mm

Shorter rear end and shorter reach make it nicer for doing bunnyhops, manuals (if you're doing spins or tricks out of them, or doing them 'to' something) and spins, and the shorter rear also makes it a bit nicer for backhopping/being on the back wheel too. Just makes it a bit more lively and responsive compared to the past geo.

Throughout their range of bikes, Inspired are going for 2 colours per bike, with one being a 'light' and one being a 'dark'. For the Hex, it was obviously the red as the light as grey as the dark, and for the Fourplay it's the lime green as the light and the red as the dark. "In real life", the red is actually more of a darker, deeper burgundy but it's difficult to get across with it being such a gloss finish. Also, the age old thing of products looking better in person that they do online rings true. When you see it in person, the lime green is a really, really nice shade - and that's coming from someone who currently has about 5 cans of matte or satin black paint under their desk as a result of their usual frame colour choices :P

Regarding the Fourplay font, you're never going to please everyone but I personally think it makes it a bit more in-line with the traditional Inspired font. I f**king love that Fourplay icon on the headtube too :)

EDIT: Actually, +1 on the Halfords Matt Black paint, bought some more tonight :P

Shorter rear end and shorter reach make it nicer for doing bunnyhops, manuals (if you're doing spins or tricks out of them, or doing them 'to' something) and spins, and the shorter rear also makes it a bit nicer for backhopping/being on the back wheel too. Just makes it a bit more lively and responsive compared to the past geo.

Does the 15mm lower BB make make it more responsive and lively as well? Just seems wierd to make it even more like a street frame. I would have thought most of the people who bought fourplays were trials riders more than street riders?

The change in BB height is the only thing I'm not super keen on, but we'll see.

I think Inspired are trying to appeal to some of the more MTB/'street' MTB riders which has probably led to some of the decisions for the new range (e.g. Truvativ parts on there, dual disc, etc.), so it helps out in that sense. We get a lot of e-mails from people who either ride BMX or street MTB stuff who want to try out a Fourplay, but are put off for various reasons. The new range seems to sort of address most of those concerns, so might help Inspired branch out a bit more, which is sort of what's required really.

amm

I thoght the 26 bike will get a v brake adapturs???

why why why thers no v brake version

(and Thomas Oehler is a great street trials rider)

My original hex prototype had vee mounts, and as much as I love vee brakes, I found them not great for bmxy type street. For starters, I have my springs setup quite slack, this means that any landing that is remotely sideways makes the calipers knock about and makes the bike sound like a bag of spanners. The arms also caught my calves a few times when doing spins which isn't ideal.

for comps, you can't beat a vee, but for street where spins and smoothness are key, I think there are better options out there. It would have been nice to do a vee version, but then that would mean shops would have to stock 4 Hex frames to cover all bases which isn't cheap.

And Yes, Thomas is a good rider.

- Wheelbase: 1020mm (measured with Inspired Fourplay fork)

- Chainstays: 380mm

- BB rise: +20mm

- Head angle: 73°

- Brake spacing: 89mm

And a disc mount?

If it was made from proper metal i'd be having a major frame crisis right now.

Edited by Skoze