The Fourplay Pro bike:

L_INS_Pro_Blue_1_RH_Side.jpg

L_INS_Pro_Mint_2_LH_Side.jpg

L_INS_Pro_Blue_4_Rear_Detail.jpg

L_INS_Pro_Blue_5_Front_Detail.jpg

Weight

- 11.66kg (including pedals)

Overview

For 2011 the Inspired Fourplay Pro has subtle geometry changes and a revised component set that gives it even better value for money while maintaining an excellent all-round level of performance.

The slightly lower bb and shorter wheelbase mean riders will benefit from more stability when manualling as well as a bike that is generally more manoeuvrable, especially for spins/rotations. To make the most of the improved geometry, front and rear disc brakes are fitted as standard, giving riders more control for manuals and adding to the smooth, flowing riding style the bike encourages.

The front of the frame features an externally butted and tapered headtube, with strength improved further by using external top and downtube gussets.

To increase strength, stiffness and tyre clearance the Fourplay uses a one-piece bottom bracket and chainstay yoke. Excess material has been removed from this area to help reduce the weight while maintaining the associated performance benefits.

The rear of the frame features exclusive-design seat and chainstay tubing that improve both crank and heel clearance, while on the left side of the frame a CNC machined disc mount combines with an additional gusset and bracing tube. The compact CNC machined dropouts and neat CNC gear hanger maintain the clean and stylish look of the frame, while improved weld angles and contact area help to maximise strength.

Built with a range of Inspired and Truvativ products, no corners have been cut to get the durable and quality bike spec we wanted for a reasonable price. Up front is a Truvativ Holzfeller 7075 riser bar with Trialtech stem and FSA Orbit headset. Truvativ Holzfeller trials cranks create the platform for a excellent drivetrain with a KMC chain, Trialtech platform pedals and custom chain tensioner completing the setup. Braking duties are taken care of by Avid, with Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes front and rear, giving the rider the necessary level of control they require. For the wheels we decided on Inspired double wall rims built to Trialtech's super-smooth disc hubs front and rear.

Available in Gloss Dark Blue or Gloss Mint Green colour schemes.

Are the forks on the Element the same as the current inspired forks just without the machined out and smoothed off bits to make them cheaper? If so will they be out soon seperately? I need some new forks soon and if they are priced nicely it may be worth the wait.

will the lower bb and tweaked geometry make the new fourplay any better/worse than the old for tgs style moves? (predominantly gaps an sidehops - not interested in taps!)

i know its a matter of opinion, but i mean generally....

Edited by chris4stars

The Juicy 3s that i've had experience with on giant and trek bikes were pretty poor, they leaked, were spongey, lack of power and obviously cheap. I wouldn't know if they are any better now, but based on that i wouldn't want to use them on a mountainbike let alone a trials bike.

Avid's on the new Fourplay? huh.gif That's asking for trouble!

The Juicy 3s that i've had experience with on giant and trek bikes were pretty poor, they leaked, were spongey, lack of power and obviously cheap. I wouldn't know if they are any better now, but based on that i wouldn't want to use them on a mountainbike let alone a trials bike.

Agreed. I had one on the front of my trials bike for about a month and was very disapointed with them. Then I put it on my XC bike and am still disapointed with it. Had It for about a year now, It hasn't leaked but I agree with craig about it being spongey and the lack of power.

I agree they wouldn't be my first choice either, but you have to consider that these bikes are to appeal to normal MTBers, they tend to hate cable brakes. Also if someone is looking for a bike, the fact it has hydraulic discs at all would be a big bonus, street riders don't always want the most powerful brakes either.

so is the fourplay now, not really geared to bridge the gap between 'street' and 'trials'? (convential terms if there is such a thing)

i know mark mentioned that it is a tad more responsive and better on the rear for manuals etc...but (sorry to ask again) how does the change affect 'trials' type moves? gapping/sidehops/up to fronts etc etc

(when set up with brakes suitable for 'trials')

In what sense, out of interest?

They are extremely up reliable, I seem them come through my work all the time, and the main problems are normally seize or leak, then the seals in the lever often leak. And to get spares for this brake it costs silly money and just worth it.

I understand the reasoning about fitting them to the full builds but I just think/know they will cause the dealers a lot of hassle.

Johny

so is the fourplay now, not really geared to bridge the gap between 'street' and 'trials'? (convential terms if there is such a thing)

i know mark mentioned that it is a tad more responsive and better on the rear for manuals etc...but (sorry to ask again) how does the change affect 'trials' type moves? gapping/sidehops/up to fronts etc etc

(when set up with brakes suitable for 'trials')

If you look at the rear ends of most modern frames, they're generally getting a little shorter than they used to be - the Fourplay is no different. The slightly lower BB doesn't help with trials moves loads, but it doesn't completely kill it off or anything like that. A slightly longer stem would make it feel a bit more trialsy too compared to the 'normal' one specced on the bike (or the shorter ones that some of us prefer :P).