Found A Couple Of Ooooooolldd Bike Photos

AdamR28

Earlier this year I finally dug out and processed almost 40 films going back as far as the 90s. This was actually a bit scary - what the hell would I find there? Rubbish, mainly. If I'd been developing them as I went, perhaps there'd have been some feedback and I'd have learned to use a camera properly. Instead I just blundered on in a hit or miss fashion. I'll spare you the school disco ones and share a few of the trials ones that aren't too blurred or out of focus.

Funny looking at pics over time, you can see where people started buy digital cameras and the quality of shots leaps!

I've got four ring binders of slides at my parents house - that was after I cleared out all the dross I'd been keeping. Got a stack of Fuji boxes to sort through too still... To think, I used to get through 80-100 rolls a year at least. Still, buying ten packs would get the cost down to about £6.50 a roll. I'd love to hand them over to a lab and have them all properly scanned and cleaned, post them somewhere as an archive of our sport...

I'll start with the first bike that looked anything close to a trials bike....

The Azonic DS2:

post-5859-0-94693500-1297342995_thumb.jp

Addingham Moorside? Michael Graves in the blue Hebo and Matt Tongue in full factory Pash get up behind him?

My second trials bike after my Team Marin (need to scan a photo for this one), 13" Stumpjumper with cannondale P-bone forks, I thought it was awesome -but in reality it was crap - so short that you'd hit your forward foot on the front wheel when you turned circa 1997/8 photo from 1998 Malverns:

post-1853-0-88833000-1298321037_thumb.jp

I had a Leeson clear 660 after this - still trying to find some pics.

And then a Pashley 26GHz in 2003/4 ish

post-1853-0-01893400-1298321133_thumb.jp

Edited by ellingtj

This whole thread is such a pleasant reminder of when I live in the U.K ( Surrey ) and the spark of fascination with this sport started with me .

Not mine , but found this on Retrobike :

Saddleless frame in the days of cantilever brakes ? :blink:

Moreover, do I spy single speed? And what the hell is going on with that toptube? Kamel prototype...

that would be one of the frames that had a separate tube that would attach to the funky shaped top tube and have a seat at the other end. It was a primitive version on suspension (or at least suspension seatposts).

Ha, that concept had completely slipped past me - looks ridiculous! Great find though (Y)

• 2 weeks later...