Danny Macaskill: Way Back Home

Mikee

oh dear its on early....amazing....8 minutes of fun ahead...

Edit: as much as I hate to say this Danny is the sickest and best mountainbike rider on the planet without a doubt in my head. There is no point making any other trials video ever...

Edited by ben_travis

cool, that has just changed things. That was amazing, so much better than his April vid. His riding is just another level, makes my new video stuff seem lame. I love him and hate him at the same time!

Awww Ali, just means you gotta push yourself more to catch up, lol. Your not doing too bad based on yesterday, though you gotta have some pretty big balls to front flip on a off a roof with no ramp.

I fell into the same trap as a lot of people, thinking this would be coming along at 5pm.

Well, well, well. Starting the video with a f**king frontflip drop?! That's the way to show this wasn't going to just be another April 2009 (as if that would have been a massively bad thing anyway...).

Let's put this straight: Danny hits lines that pretty much none of us can do. If there is someone as rounded as him as a rider out there then he/she keeps themselves really f**king quiet, because there's just nothing close. He's hitting drop gaps that the TGS boys would be proud off, lines that any old school rider will drool over, and a fair amount of BMX lines that would make a lot of that lot pick their jaws back off the floor.

Scenery wise, how bloody amazing? The hours of scouting and planning and months of execution have been worth it in that respect, some of those backdrops were intense. That's without mentioning some of the things Danny was actually hitting lines off of.

Videography wise, Sowerby has done it again. A proper freakin' masterpiece.

That's not the last time I'm watching that, and I'm going to spend the rest of my working day itching to go and pale myself into insignificance on my bike.

(Y)

Just had a group watching session here. That video's f**king incredible. I was sorta hoping it'd be good but not getting my hopes up too much, but that was absolutely amazing. I can't imagine how much pressure he must've felt to 'top' the April video, and I'd say he managed it. The actual video itself was amazing (in terms of editing, music, etc.), and the riding was amazing too. Just so good...

This is obviously one of the best trials videos ever made and some of the best riding we are ever likely to see, but...

Did anyone else not enjoy it as much as his April '09 vid? I certainly felt it was lacking the feel of that video which made me disappointed. It's almost like they didn't get what made that video such a massive hit in the first place, it certainly wasn't just the riding.

There's always one miserable old git that moans :P. On the plus side the riding was awesome with a very healthy dose of trials. Despite the BMX elements that was very much street trials to me and I don't think many riders could do half of the lines.

Awesome.

But, I had to watch that twice.

First time I wasn't blown away, as just seemed like another Danny Mac video (weird 360 drops, tyres with 80lbs+ psi...) He isn't the best trials rider and he isn't the best BMXer and also the hype surrounding this video was unnecessary and had started to grate on me.

But, 2nd time around I chilled out and appreciated it a lot more. You forget that you judge him by different standards!

2nd time I just enjoyed watching his all-round skill.

Some of the gaps and drops were huge (I dont think the camera does the scale of them justice sometimes) and he must put some serious strain on his body.

Loved the riding spots.

My favourite was the gap to wall ride at 6.45 :-) Gutted he's got to front flip before me

Look forward to the next one

(Just needs less hype next time!)