Danny Macaskill: Way Back Home

Mikee

This video really evokes what i want from riding and signifies all that is special with riding a bike.

I'm glad this is the style of biking i most favour and ride like, all be it with about 0.000001% of the ability. This doesn't have to be Trials, Freeride, BMX, All-Mountain, Street etc........ it's just riding a bike in the way one man wants which is why it has so much universal appeal.

There is a lot to be learned from this video, and i'm not talking purely about the moves.

Such a joy to watch this.

/\

What they all said.

That video is absolutely sensational. The locations, filming, editing and (obviously) riding were all of such a high standard!

I do agree with Matt and Anal though, on a purely first-watch basis, it left less of an impression on me than April '09; I think it is to do with the music, the Band of Horses song is so intense and emotional and builds and builds, it helps (along with the riding) keep you on the edge of your seat right til the end. The music in this one didn't add that (I'm not sure it added much - could have had any song and it wouldn't have made *much* difference I don't think) and I felt like the excitement that I'd had waiting for this video and as I clicked play faded a bit as a result. After I got over that and watched it again, this video is WAY better. An absolute joy to watch! Danny and Dave make a great team and great videos!

I liked it more than April '09 purely because it seemed effortless. The massive bangers were just popped in as if it were nothing. Maybe a couple too many 360 rockdroppers but f**k, it was awesome.

Epic locations, great production (Loving the boom work) and the greatest trials rider on the planet right now.

Its funny Ive been watching it back, honestly counting the complete lines I could do - I think it was 2, maybe three at best.

Just astonishing, and creative to the max ...

MORE PLEASE AND OUTTAKES REQUIRED ALSO.

That was brilliant, i think the reason it didnt have the same impression as April '09 is purely because that vid came out of no where and was pretty unexpected. The reason this one didnt have the same effect i believe may be due to the teaser etc the came before it and just the pure expectation surrounding it.

None the less on my second watch, put my phone on divert at work for it and it was well worth it.

Oh my good golly gumdrops.

That was quite definately worth the wait..

Just WOW.

My dad watched it over my shoulder ( and he couldnt give a damn about trials ) and he loved it!!

Editing was something else. Nice one Danny, Nice one Dave!! Great Combo!

P.s is there anyway to see how many hits the video has had?? Id love to know.