Danny Macaskill: Way Back Home

Mikee

Pretty much the same as all of his other videos but different locations n slightly bigger. Ive lost interest in his style he mainly gives of a bmx style with a slight bit of trials which makes the public think our sport is bmx. Say what you want but thats just my oppinion. Keep it up though x

Pretty much the same as all of his other videos but different locations n slightly bigger. Ive lost interest in his style he mainly gives of a bmx style with a slight bit of trials which makes the public think our sport is bmx. Say what you want but thats just my oppinion. Keep it up though x

Its street style, wtf else do you want him to do? I nearly prolapsed when he did that front flip at the end, and was literally just sat there with my gob on the floor for about 10 minutes. That f**king hop manual up that ledge that was about as tall as him was stupid!

Al i see it is as is Trials + It has all the moves and best bits from boring, traditional, bullshit, seen 1000000 times trials.... + a f**k loads of style and added moves, creativity, excitement, imagination and so on.

I can't see how anyone can dislike this (i am biased though i am aware). Moaning it's not pure trials.....the kid don't compete so why ride like a comp rider? Most people on here don't compete yet they go out to the street and ride it likes it's a comp section......i don't see the point. Why restrict yourself?

Danny is just riding without his Trials-Forum blinkers on, and i genuinely believe anyone who dislikes it either doesn't understand what he's doing or truly hasn't ever had real fun on a bike. As a rider who enjoys being on a bike whatever the discipline this video consumes me and elates me. Perhaps if i only rode a mod or stock 100% of the time and hopped around the same walls then perhaps i too wouldn't enjoy it as much as i do. Still can;t help feeling most of it is just plain jealousy.

What an awesome video! It got me at the first line.

Matt made a really good point about the emotional intensity of the video, I was totally engrossed and felt the first video when it came out, but this video did lack the same strong resonance with me. Perhaps we can all relate to going out and ripping up the streets with our mates and a video camera, but having the means to go on tour like this solely with purpose of making a video seems so far removed from most people that they can't relate to it. I do hope it further inspires others (as it has done me!) to travel with trials and to keep doing what we love.

I like the point made above ^^, completely agree.

commercial = money splashed at it to look good, to make people think hmm if i drink redbull i can flip off a building like the man off youtube.

Red Bull are in such a position where a few thousand (or million as the case probably will be :wink2:) hits won't drastically increase sales. They've got the stability to be able to really give back to the whole world! Not that I'm an advocate of energy drinks by any means, they are in a great position to be able to make things like this happen (not to mention the Red Bull air races and all those countless other events and media they've produced), and I'm bloody thankful that they've got to that position. Not least for allowing Danny to have the freedom to go and do what he wants and live the life he's dreamed of, but also for allowing us to watch a beautifully crafted 8 minute concentrated version B)

Well done Danny & Dave. (Y)

• Like 1

please don't turn this place into a gay argument war.

the guy doesn't deserve it.

you have all the right do dislike this vid and say it outloud.

I just watch it once yesterday, needs another watch before I can really say something about it.

only thing I can say now is, only the first flip from backwheel just piss over anything else here ever.

I can't see this video being topped, even by Danny....best video I've seen in 10 years of following and riding trials

TRIALS NEEDS TO GET THE GAY OUT

look, we need to just give up the hope that the public will ever come around to liking pure trials. we are our own worst enemies. bouncing around on goofy looking bikes with no seat and faggy tight clothes, always on one wheel like a pogo stick, never actually 'riding' the bike, then you have the french and spanish videos with constant gay music that will appeal to nobody, and doing gay shit at demos like kissing the front tire and that thing where they bounce on rear and turn the bars from side to side, or having someone on the ground to be bounced over...who ever said that was cool or even entertaining? ...face it, the gay needs to come out of trials or nobody will ever like it outside the trials world....

and I'm also guilty with my long ass Meta, tights under shorts, shin pads and helmet, to us trials riders that is just sensible and functional gear for the best ride, to everybody else it's GAY....face it...

Danny mac is the best chance we have of getting trials known to a broad audience also Akrigg and Leech, Ray, people like this expose the sport...Gilles and them only really appeal to other trials riders. I don't know, somehow riding needs to come back to trials comps at least for some sections, it just can't be pogoing from obstacle to obstacle anymore and nothing else..nobody in the outside world gives a f**k about that...

I can't see this video being topped, even by Danny....best video I've seen in 10 years of following and riding trials

look, we need to just give up the hope that the public will ever come around to liking pure trials. we are our own worst enemies. bouncing around on goofy looking bikes with no seat and faggy tight clothes, always on one wheel like a pogo stick, never actually 'riding' the bike, then you have the french and spanish videos with constant gay music that will appeal to nobody, and doing gay shit at demos like kissing the front tire and that thing where they bounce on rear and turn the bars from side to side, or having someone on the ground to be bounced over...who ever said that was cool or even entertaining? ...face it, the gay needs to come out of trials or nobody will ever like it outside the trials world....

and I'm also guilty with my long ass Meta, tights under shorts, shin pads and helmet, to us trials riders that is just sensible and functional gear for the best ride, to everybody else it's GAY....face it...

Danny mac is the best chance we have of getting trials known to a broad audience also Akrigg and Leech, Ray, people like this expose the sport...Gilles and them only really appeal to other trials riders. I don't know, somehow riding needs to come back to trials comps at least for some sections, it just can't be pogoing from obstacle to obstacle anymore and nothing else..nobody in the outside world gives a f**k about that...

Intolerance of other people's beliefs, culture, IQ, gender, physical or mental conditions, sexual preference/orientation or age is unacceptable.

Here here.

The only bit I disagree with is the fact that trials should even want to appeal to more people. I couldn't give a rats arse whether more people find out about it - more people means more dickheads!

On the subject of the video, I've now watched it a good 8 times by showing old riding buddies and a couple of family members and the missus. Not one has done anything but be amazed. Pure work of art, although the panning shots are a little more annoying now, mainly because I don't reckon they were done on a boom but actually just post production on a zoomed out shot - much like how slideshow vids give still images some 'life'. A very very minor gripe though.

and I'm also with my long ass Meta, tights under shorts, shin pads and helmet, to us trials riders that is just sensible and functional gear for the best ride, to everybody else it's GAY....face it...

Thats what proper trials is though, the whole word "trials" is "pogoing" around on the back wheel. Trials is gilles , neil t , vince. taps, gaps, sidehops. natural rock riding...without a seat. Danny mac is NOT trials and i just wish people could see that! Whens a front flip or back flip ever been trials!!!!!

Edited by Chris Elson

Thats what proper trials is though, the whole word "trials" is "pogoing" around on the back wheel. Trials is gilles , neil t , vince. taps, gaps, sidehops. natural rock riding...without a seat. Danny mac is NOT trials and i just wish people could see that! Whens a front flip or back flip ever been trials!!!!!

Don't really agree there. Trials is negotiating obstacles on a bike without putting your feet down. Danny's riding is an evolution of trials and an incredibly imaginitive and entertaining evolution at that.

• Like 4

If that's the case, I am not a trials rider and shouldn't be on this forum.

I don't see why people are so apposed to it being called trials? As said, there is no set rule for what trials is. Back when trials was much newer people were spinning off stuff, rolling about up and down things, there wasn't much backhopping or sidehopping going on. Danny's style is still getting his bike up and over shit, but instead of dropping to rear wheel straight, he puts a front flip in, how can that be a bad thing?

From now on, you are never allowed to do anything that isn't purely function, no needless front hops, manuals, stoppies, if you tweek the bars slightly when dropping that's not allowed cos that's not trials.

• Like 1

If that's the case, I am not a trials rider and shouldn't be on this forum.

I don't see why people are so apposed to it being called trials? As said, there is no set rule for what trials is. Back when trials was much newer people were spinning off stuff, rolling about up and down things, there wasn't much backhopping or sidehopping going on. Danny's style is still getting his bike up and over shit, but instead of dropping to rear wheel straight, he puts a front flip in, how can that be a bad thing?

From now on, you are never allowed to do anything that isn't purely function, no needless front hops, manuals, stoppies, if you tweek the bars slightly when dropping that's not allowed cos that's not trials.

but his not exactly tweeking the bars slightly his doing a front flip of the wall. :blink:

I just see trials a completely different way... i like the competition side of trials and just cant see this ever being in a competition of what the uci competitions are now, im only saying this because theres people saying that danny is what trials should be. his style is different to what i thought trials was, sorry i was wrong.

but his not exactly tweeking the bars slightly his doing a front flip of the wall. :blink:

I just see trials a completely different way... i like the competition side of trials and just cant see this ever being in a competition of what the uci competitions are now, im only saying this because theres people saying that danny is what trials should be. his style is different to what i thought trials was, sorry i was wrong.

It's street trials rather than competition trials. Its like in BMX there's loads of different categories Flat land, Dirt, Street, Ramps etc its still all BMX just different classes.

your not wrong, but I don't see why trials should be limited? Until last November I had always ridden comps including international UCI rounds, but I didn't limit myself to just that style, I have always liked to experiment and just ride stuff that is fun. I don't know about you but trials is about the satisfaction of nailing a move or line, that move could be a tech rock gap, a big sidehop, a backwards nose roll along a wall or a footjam tailwhip, the line could be a group of tricky rocks, a set of rails, a wallride to gap or awkward line to backflip. It's all a challenge, it's all riding a bike over objects, it's all fun, so why but blinkers on?

• Like 2

There is every trials move in this vid.. backwheelhops, gaps, bunny, pedalgaps, front to backs, hooks, gap to front, sidehop. You can't say he is not riding trials, because i have not seen any dirt or bmx riders do a hook or a sidehop etc. :unsure:

Best trials vid i've ever seen anyways!

• Like 1