2011 Echo & Zoo! Frames And Bikes

Sponge

Just hopping on to check emails before starting the day, and randomly punched in www.echobike.com...

Surprise results!:

2011-202426-MK1-frame.jpg

"24" and 26" model use itegrative chain tensioner design, all 3 models come with Echo integrative BB set. 20" come with skiplate."

26" models with Spanish BB and integrated chain tensioner system.

2011-ZOO-26-frame.jpg

ECHO-2011-BIKE-26-MK1-SIDE.JPG

ECHO-2011-BIKE-26-MK1-FRONT.JPG

ECHO-2011-BIKE-26-MK1-REAR.JPG

ZOO-2011-BIKE-26-MK1-FRONT.JPG

ZOO-2011-BIKE-26-MK1-SIDE.JPG

ZOO-2011-BIKE-26-MK1-REAR.JPG

24" pure trials orientated model with same BB and tensioning as stock.

ECHO-2011-BIKE-24-MK1-SIDE.JPG

ECHO-2011-BIKE-24-MK1-FRONT.JPG

ECHO-2011-BIKE-24-MK1-REAR.JPG

20" in only one option: Spanish BB, disc+rim mounts.

ECHO-2011-BIKE-20-MK1-SIDE.JPG

ECHO-2011-BIKE-20-MK1-FRONT.JPG

ECHO-2011-BIKE-20-MK1-REAR.JPG

Echo 26"- Wheel base 1093mm, BB high 55mm, chainstays 383mm, head tube 105mm, head angle 72°.

Echo 24"- Wheel base 1070mm, BB high 70mm, chainstays 360mm, head tube 105mm, head angle 72°.

Echo 20"- Wheel base 1020mm, BB high 80mm, head tube 105mm, frame space 116mm, chain stays 351mm, head angle 72°.

Zoo! 26"- Wheel base 1098mm, BB high 45mm, chain stays 383mm, head tube 100mm, head angle 72°.

-Those eagle-eyed out there'll notice the tweaked/updated Echo disc brake!

-さようなら ~ Vertical dropouts and Euro BBs no more.

-If all the frames come with factory faced/reamed headtubes like it seems on the Zoo! frame then that's pretty sweet!

-No word yet on a Zoo! 20", though it's a safe bet that it'll aesthetically be a smaller version of that 26" like previous years.

All the info is on the Echobike site, but hopefully this topic should be easier for everyone to get the info they need and to discuss!

Edited by Ares

This obviously depends on the dealers in individual countries. I'm pricing the Echos a bit higher than the current GU LE frames, the ZOO is a bit more expensive due to the large amount of CNC.

not so easy to tell,Gu Le were manufactured by other manufacturer,therefore they were more pricey.new Echo/Zoo stuff is produced by echo...My guess is that the price will be somewhere between piranha and Gu Le.

Spanish BB's - epic fail.

f**k off, having massive bearings and massive axles with no added weight of the shell and stuff you get when you buy a normal BB is obviously bad :rolleyes: your forced to use isis but theres no square taper cranks worth buying anyway. the TI one available now is lighter than the reset ti bb and it's the same price...

Uses a larger bearing than traditional ISIS BBs, making it spin smoother for longer.

not so easy to tell,Gu Le were manufactured by other manufacturer,therefore they were more pricey.new Echo/Zoo stuff is produced by echo...My guess is that the price will be somewhere between piranha and Gu Le.

First off, GU is Echo. Secondly all frames including the '09 / '10 GU LE have been and still are made in the new Echo factory. And 3rd of all, I'm an Echo dealer (meaning Gu, Zoo Adamant and Czar too, because it's the same company). I haven't quoted the prices I'll be selling the new frames at since this is mostly a UK forum and it's up to your dealers to set them but I'm 99% sure that the general idea of the basic Echo frames costing more than the old Le will apply worldwide.

I actually really like the new lineup. Though, there are a few things I would add/change if it was up to me.

First of all, I`d remove the not-yet-possibly-never-available TR disc brake from any pictures. As long as it`s not ready to buy, I`m not interested. Specially since the SL-version they showed us last year remains unavailable...

The Echo lineup, specially the 26 and 24 could do with a tiny built in booster. I`d also space out the seatstays so that the 4-bolt mounts would sit "lower", and more inside the frame.

In 2011 we should not have the need for external boosters!

Last, but not least, the TR stems need a redesigned steerer tube clamp. Any company currently producing stems are trying their best to make stems that are less bulky, and won`t harm your knees or any other bodypart that might interact with it. Echo went in the opposite direction and made them around 60mm high! That is just wrong and ugly! On the other hand, the bar clamping area has become very sleek and functional.

Tempted to give the Echo 26" a go, but might aswell end up with a much more expensive Kortz II. Limey 4 might be the golden middleway though...

First of all, I`d remove the not-yet-possibly-never-available TR disc brake from any pictures. As long as it`s not ready to buy, I`m not interested. Specially since the SL-version they showed us last year remains unavailable...

The Echo lineup, specially the 26 and 24 could do with a tiny built in booster. I`d also space out the seatstays so that the 4-bolt mounts would sit "lower", and more inside the frame.

In 2011 we should not have the need for external boosters!

Last, but not least, the TR stems need a redesigned steerer tube clamp. Any company currently producing stems are trying their best to make stems that are less bulky, and won`t harm your knees or any other bodypart that might interact with it. Echo went in the opposite direction and made them around 60mm high! That is just wrong and ugly! On the other hand, the bar clamping area has become very sleek and functional.

I think it's good to 'preview' their upcoming products, at least we know they somewhat exist. But I'm guessing the reason why they're not so highly anticipated in the UK and Europe is because Hope is readily available and likely will not be much difference in price with the Echo disc brake. to be honest, the Echo disc is almost definitely something catered towards the domestic market in China as all other decent hydro brakes are from North American or European brands which are horribly expensive there. To say the least it's something to look at for the time being ^_^

Seems these days the trend is going towards lighter and more simple looking frames whilst maintaining decent strength. I guess the lack of welded-on booster is nice for those people who don't like boosters or just want the lightest set up. Though to be fair, I'd trust a big sturdy 4-bolt booster over a welded on one.

Agreed about the stems, his older ones had a design that looked fine and worked well?