Try-All's 2011 Range.

Mark W

Try-All have updated their range for 2011, including updates to the Superlight cage pedals, their tyre range, wheels and so on.

large_tasimplecage.jpg

large_tasimplecage2.jpg

Featuring a new cage design (with the corners on the inside edge taken down so there's less chance of breaking them if they catch just past the bolts and reduced height teeth on the outer edge to stop them getting caught on failed sidehops and the like), and a tweaked body design with supporting ridges added to the 'arms' of the pedals to help reinforce them.

large_tastikylite19w.jpg

Their Stiky Lite 19" tyre is now available in white.

large_tastikylite20.jpg

Their original Stiky front 20" tyre is also now available in a 'light' kevlar-bead version.

large_tryallglovesblack.jpg

They also have a new range of gloves under the name 'Fin'. Pretty cool wrist-tab on them, I like the idea of having it a little further away from the wrist with the little flap covering it.

large_tacnc19.jpg

Try-All are now offering a 36 hole pre-built wheel too - H 116 disc hub with an eyeletted, un-drilled rim so it should be pretty basher proof :P

large_tahcams.jpg

There are now some specific snail cams for the 'H' hubs - an integrated conical spacer takes the place of the one usually used. Should also fit other hubs with a bit of spacer-bodging if you were particularly keen on them, but it's a cool idea to reduce the amount of parts required on your bike.

large_tareinforcedred.jpg

The Reinforced Drilled rim is now available in red for 2011, too.

Damn I love that front sticky lite so God damn nice!

Going to invest in both the black sticky lite rear and the black sticky lite front. They look so lush!

Just a query though. Isn't the front tyre a bit pricey at £40? The rear is £49, normally the front tyre is a bit more cheaper than a £9 difference I thought?

Maybe I'm wrong but, just curious!

Edited by dannytrialskid

The pedals look like a great improvement on the body. Not sure I would want to pay that much for them though. Still think Ill get Echo TR Platforms after my TR caged ones die.

I dont really understand why they have bothered doing a white try-all lite tire when hardly anyone uses them?

Damn I love that front sticky lite so God damn nice!

Going to invest in both the black sticky lite rear and the black sticky lite front. They look so lush!

Just a query though. Isn't the front tyre a bit pricey at £40? The rear is £49, normally the front tyre is a bit more cheaper than a £9 difference I thought?

Maybe I'm wrong but, just curious!

Yeah, they are pretty expensive unfortunately. The kevlar beading is what drives the cost up most, so that's why they've jumped up in price that much. Might be quantities they've had made that's skewed it possibly - not too sure...

I dont really understand why they have bothered doing a white try-all lite tire when hardly anyone uses them?

Unicycle riders appear to love white tyres, hence them only doing the rear tyre in white. As soon as the original white Try-All tyres sold out we had quite a lot of people ask if the rears were going to be available any time soon.

That's probably why it looks different to me. Because it inflates more.

EDIT : So what is this kevlar-bead version thing. I know what kevlar is, but how does it make it different. Better grip? - Last longer? - I'm guessing it is what makes it lighter aswell.

Edited by dannytrialskid

The Kevlar bead only affects the beading, which is the bit that holds the tyre onto your rim. By not having two hoops of steel, you save a bit of weight. The main body of the tyre feels a little thicker than before, so it appears they've made the beading lighter so they can make the rest of the tyre slightly thicker to make it a little more predictable. The 'old' weight was pretty good anyway, so it not being much lighter isn't the end of the world. It's still got the best tread pattern of any tyre I've used on the front on a mod, so it's still fundamentally a good tyre.

The pedals look like a great improvement on the body. Not sure I would want to pay that much for them though. Still think Ill get Echo TR Platforms after my TR caged ones die.

Couldn't agree more about the TryAll sticky treads in white. Grey would be more suitable as an opposite to black.