Phat Phluid

Nick Manning

Note it's actually £12 posted not £12+P&P.

Looks good enough to drink*.

*Probably best not to though.

When mike had it in the clear bottles it was so hard not to down one. The colour and clarity of the liquid made it look soooooo refreshing its unreal.

Aye, I'd always recommend using a bit of grease or wet-lube on all the pistons, just to be sure it moves freely.

The Phluid is lubricating, however. One of the main ingredients in Phluid is also a Sex Lube - one of the reasons it just feels so good! :giggle:

The Phluid is lubricating, however.

Out of interest, what would differentiate this between a water/decent quality anti-freeze mix? I've had a look at a few companies offerings and almost all anti-freeze types I've seen include some form of lubricant and some form of corrosion inhibitor (as it says here), so what sets Phluid apart? Just different grades or something?

Of course it's subjective, but I have found brakes that run Phluid do feel smoother and snappier than brakes with just water or car antifreeze mix. Possibly the placebo effect going on? The corrosion inhibitor really is the dogs danglies too - we spent quite a bit of time sourcing something that I was sure would be best for the job.

Obviously there's the benefit of it being in a pre-mixed solution in a container that's ready to go, rather than having buy the parts and mix it up yourself, with the knowledge that it's been properly designed for purpose to boot.

For what the uneducated opinion is worth, I got some to bleed my brakes with (one of the 2nd hand ones I got had an oil bleed) and it seems very thin, achohol/solvent like rather than (thicker) watery, feels slightly oily to the touch, and dries really quick if you spill it everywhere :P Brakes do feel very snappy, at least as responsive if not moreso than my V brake setup, and a few pumps with it seemed to free up a veery slightly sticky piston, although that could be for a number of reasons besides it's lubricative properties.

Comparing old style HS33 (water) to new (phluid) it's much more responsive, although that might be a difference in the levers, it's all I have to compare unfortunately.