Unfixed

Box

that was different! Pretty sweet though, takes mad skills to do that kind of stuff! Mucho respect!

nice protective flat peak. I have no respect to anyone who doesn't wear a helmet, especially someone of his level/caliber of riding!

get over yourself

• Like 1

Kinda sweet playful stuff here until he busted out that suicide air :o 03:00-03:08 the way Akrigg is clutching his left arm/shoulder and breathing heavily would suggest he going at some serious speed when he collided with...........well we don't get to see that bit.

Lots of kudos for doing something new, and even more for doing it well.

I understand that what I just watched takes a lot of skill... Much more than I have - but it just doesn't look good, to me.

Still - whatever :giggle:

I want the next in the line of "normal trials" videos. Earthed III is by far his most enjoyable, for me.

Akrigg is clearly a hipster.

Whilst there is obviously some merit to film quality and standard of riding I would prefer to see him riding a bike that maximises what he can do. He's one of my favourite riders but I find the vids where he's on novel bikes a bit boring to be honest. I get the impression that it's for the sake of being different and standing out? But whatever. If he's actually getting something out of what he does then furry muff and my view is really quite irrelevant.

Seconded.

To be honest, I'm supprised Mongoose don't put it in his contract that he has to wear one while he's doing a shoot. Brand image and all that.

True but i'm sure Chris does promote wearing helmets just look at all the other videos he has done and im sure he would wear one if he was doing bigger stuff not to say that this stuff is big though, i think the flat cap fits in well for this style of riding, he should develope his own flat cap helmet like sean watson

Seconded.

To be honest, I'm supprised Mongoose don't put it in his contract that he has to wear one while he's doing a shoot. Brand image and all that.

yeah, while we're at it, all bmxers in videos should also have written contracts to wear helmets too cos it's blatantly giving the companies a bad image.

Seconded.

They probably didn't because none of their BMX or MTB team are contracted to, and probably because most people don't crap their pants if they see someone riding without a helmet - unlike trials riders, especially once someone mentions it then everyone else starts wringing their hands out of fear too. Obviously it'd be fantastic if everyone wore helmets 24/7, but I don't really get why people need to talk about 'losing respect' and all that sort of thing. It's not going to change it, even if every reply in a thread is 'wear a helmet' with that crappy 'helmet' emoticon.

From reading Chris' blog, seeing interviews with him and all that sort of thing I don't think he views himself as some sort of "role model" who's out to "promote the sport" and all that other stuff a lot of trials riders seem to come out with, so I don't think he's particularly worried about not wearing a helmet from that point of view...

Whilst there is obviously some merit to film quality and standard of riding I would prefer to see him riding a bike that maximises what he can do. He's one of my favourite riders but I find the vids where he's on novel bikes a bit boring to be honest. I get the impression that it's for the sake of being different and standing out? But whatever. If he's actually getting something out of what he does then furry muff and my view is really quite irrelevant.

I'd imagine part of the reason he's doing it is either because he's now got a wide range of bikes he can play on, or because Mongoose are sort of pushing him to show how versatile their bikes are.

Personally, I felt this video was a bit weird. I liked his fixie video because I know how hard it is to do 'tricks' on fixies, and the stuff he was doing was cool. I liked his brakeless trials videos because they were different and he seemed really comfortable doing it, which in turn seemed to make him come up with some really creative stuff. This video just felt a bit... 'flat', in a way. It looked like he had fun making it which is the main thing, but I'm left wanting to see a video of him riding his trials bike again and unleashing on that. Watching that video left me sort of feeling that it didn't really show what Chris is clearly capable of, although I suppose not every video everyone does is going to be flat-out amazing every time.

yeah, while we're at it, all bmxers in videos should also have written contracts to wear helmets too cos it's blatantly giving the companies a bad image.

At a DH race, even if our helmet strap is left undone you're ejected from the race. I don't give a toss if they ride without one when they're out and about, but if they're doing an advertising shoot or sponsor orientated filming then it's not hard to stick a lid on.

They probably didn't because none of their BMX or MTB team are contracted to, and probably because most people don't crap their pants if they see someone riding without a helmet - unlike trials riders, especially once someone mentions it then everyone else starts wringing their hands out of fear too. Obviously it'd be fantastic if everyone wore helmets 24/7, but I don't really get why people need to talk about 'losing respect' and all that sort of thing. It's not going to change it, even if every reply in a thread is 'wear a helmet' with that crappy 'helmet' emoticon.

People had a similar opinion when Jackie Stewart was promoting safety in Motorsport. They're promoting an 'extreme sport' and if they're doing it minus safety gear then it's promoting it lacking safety. It's no wonder so many young kids go around without a lid on then wonder why they end up with a mashed skul

Edited by Gibbon on an Orange 2

You guys really are easy to p1ss off with such simple comments.

You are aware that you've repeatedly posted about how upset you are about Chris not wearing a helmet from watching that video, aren't you? I'm assuming that level of irony between that and that particular comment I've quoted from you isn't being missed?

By the way, I'd imagine at a DH race the issues with liability insurance and health & safety is probably more the issue with people not wearing helmets. Probably why it doesn't matter at all if Chris isn't wearing one in this video.

All hail the Messiah! bowroflt.gif

go to any type of cycle race and you will have to wear a helmet, that isn't as such to promote safe riding, it's to help for insurance and things. Chris isn't in a race, he is out and about riding his bike. I always wear my helmet, but I quite happy for others to do as they wish.