Unfixed

Box

LOL, I bet you were wondering how long it would take for 'Tarty' brigade to arrive! LOL, just like someone tried saying before. LOL, look, it's the same f**king answer. LOL, are you a clueless idiot? LOL, certainly seems like it.

It's interesting that someone else had the same view of you. Don't you think?

I can think of worse things...drinking, drugs, acting up, all of which appear in many bmx videos and I don't see anyone bitching about setting bad examples. People have a lifestyle they want to live, and they often get shown on videos and usually they are the most interesting to watch (Sean Burns section from Anthem 2 for example, f**king amazing!)

Yes there are worse things but I can't see how that makes not wearing a helmet ok?

Like i said probably best to agree to disagree.

Edited by saunders

Just as well he's not doing it purely for your entertainment then? Sorry but comments like that irritate me, especially when someone is consistently producing videos that are entertaining, innovative and eye-catching.

I seriously doubt Akrigg is being different 'for the sake of it' - he's obviously someone who enjoys riding bikes, full stop. Doesn't feel the need to comply with definitions, sh'tty trials fashions and just doing what everyone else does. It's a breath of fresh air, and it's probably just as well that the guy is too busy riding to come on here and comment on all the videos of people queueing to sidehop the same bit of plain brick wall.

Great vid, loved it.

Cool, a minor argument is just what I need at the moment to pass the time (Y):shifty:

Do you recognise the general fact that people do actually try to consciously stand out and will sometimes use whatever means they can in order to achieve that, especially "originality"? In fact I'd say this plays a role in everybody to varying degrees. If you take a moment to re-read what I said you'll realise I didn't actually definitely charge Akrigg with this but I posed the question. This wasn't a judgement because that would be hypocritical. It was however an analysis which stemmed from a feeling I had from certain indicators.

I certainly don't shun orginality per se but I am wary of insincere expressions, of certain degrees, which have as their constitution a significant concern to stand out. Again, I don't know if this is definitely true of Akrigg (and neither do you) but I'm not willing to simply ignore the consideration and blindly accept the nature of something novel as automatically awesome. How about if I begin hopping up walls on a tin of baked beans - would you find that awesome?

Humans are contextual beings and we bring various contextual considerations to each moment that we experience. Much like when people use overly dramatic music for grandiosity, it won't neccesarily sit with me very well if I perceive a similar motivation. Pretense is difficult for me to stomach and I welcome anyone to point this out about me if I'm clearly getting caught up in it - which I blatantly do. Even if Akrigg is doing that stuff I understand and accept even if it makes it more difficult for me to enjoy what he's upto.

I'm taking away that your implicitly charging me with being at the mercy of conventional definitions. I'd disagree about that and I consider myself to have evidenced this both in thought and action. I've received flak in the past for riding my "trials bike" like a "bmx". I even called one of my old 24" vids "GETabmx" to satirise this. I've argued the exact same point that people are confused about the nature of labels; that definitions do not indicate some fixed reality which should naturally limit our behaviour but are actually the aribtrarily structured and open meanings we use to refer to some goings on in the world. Those definitions are entirly liquid and can be changed to incorporate adaptations such as divergence or synthesis (with other sports) within a "sport" such as "trials". I've also repeatedly argued for the importance of people doing what they enjoy regardless of whether the consensus labels it "cool" or otherwise.

Awesome vid again, the guy is second to none for pure entertainment IMO.

I could write some big words about him not wearing a helment but I know he gets a kick out of the fuss everybody makes about it. People keen enough to get wound up about it ought to go put their helmets on because they're banging their heads against a brick wall.