Born/because/neon 2011

Mark W

More than enough pics thanks, Mark. :wink2: A link would be suffice next time

I'm a big fan of the Born Ultimatum, some nice ideas and thought gone into that. Shame about the geo though! :sick:

I'd love to do a test of frames such as the Because vs frames like the Born, Koxx Skies, etc. I think a rig is in order.. watch this space.

More than enough pics thanks, Mark. :wink2: A link would be suffice next time.

As I'd imagine you're aware by now, shops/businesses aren't allowed to do direct links to their own sites. This way, it gives people all the information they might need then they're free to go wherever and do whatever.

• Like 1

I have to say I am quite impressed with the price of these frames, they look very good for the money, although the paint jobs and graphics could do with a re-think in my oppinion.

I'd love to do a test of frames such as the Because vs frames like the Born, Koxx Skies, etc. I think a rig is in order.. watch this space.

I have thought about this before, using Rigs to test frames, and I realy do not think that it would work, there are so many different sorts of load cases that are applied to a frame that it would be impossible to be able to test a frame using a rig, Even the difference between 2 different peoples riding styles would load frames in different ways, even when conducting the same moves......

Adam

I have thought about this before, using Rigs to test frames, and I realy do not think that it would work, there are so many different sorts of load cases that are applied to a frame that it would be impossible to be able to test a frame using a rig, Even the difference between 2 different peoples riding styles would load frames in different ways, even when conducting the same moves.....

I think it'd need to be done by someone who was independent if it was done at all. Most people's interest in testing is to generally post results that 'prove' their product is best, when it's not necessarily the full story. Seem to remember that happening with some FEA biz between the Hi-Fi and the Sky head tubes a while back?

Who it's done by is pretty irrelevant - what you can draw from such tests all down to the repeatability and the actual data given with the claims. In Deng's case (or what we saw at least) we really didn't see much, although it could've well been completely spot on for all we know..

This:

I have thought about this before, using Rigs to test frames, and I realy do not think that it would work, there are so many different sorts of load cases that are applied to a frame that it would be impossible to be able to test a frame using a rig, Even the difference between 2 different peoples riding styles would load frames in different ways, even when conducting the same moves......

and this:

Who it's done by is everything! It's very rare to see truly thorough and independent testing, which is why most product testing,reviews, magazine articles etc. are rubbish.

Even the industry standard CN tests are a bit of a joke and mean almost nothing (other than it being harder to sue a manufacturer if the items have passed the tests). There's only one manufacturer who's trials frames are subjected to them as far as I know (and they pass).

Mind you, most industry standard stuff is too generic to apply to trials anyway... I reckon the costs of creating a decent trials frame test rig would be totally daft given the value of the info that would be returned, with a bit of design experience AND real-world experience you can predict exactly where 95% of parts will break anyway (when not abused).

How do you take these pictures? If I were naive I'd think you send Mark with a box full of frames into orbit once a week where he can take pics of them floating in space. The ones with a white background look like they've been taken in purgatory, where as we know there is also no gravity.

Loving the X-Rays in red and the Borns for their stealthy look.

How do you take these pictures? If I were naive I'd think you send Mark with a box full of frames into orbit once a week where he can take pics of them floating in space. The ones with a white background look like they've been taken in purgatory, where as we know there is also no gravity.

Just on a table with a white back-board type thing, with some studio lights. Big ol' black cloth/sheet for the black photos. Works alright :P