Koxx Sky 2

Ben Swales

f**king stupid, the limey 4 proto i rid had 90bb and it was ridiculous. too high

I wouldn't ever go as high as that, but the main thing is about balancing it out. If you raise the BB height, then ideally you need to raise the bars a little too to counteract it a bit. If that Limey was using the same bits that were on it when it had a lower BB, then I'd imagine it might feel a bit over-the-barsy.

I wouldn't ever go as high as that, but the main thing is about balancing it out. If you raise the BB height, then ideally you need to raise the bars a little too to counteract it a bit. If that Limey was using the same bits that were on it when it had a lower BB, then I'd imagine it might feel a bit over-the-barsy.

at the time ryans had that mega high onza stem and tensile risers, pretty damn high front end

What would that actually do if you raised the bar height would it make you feel like you had a lower BB on two wheels but still have the advantages of the 90BB on the rear wheel? Or would it just feel like you had an 80BB for eg, so you loose some advantage of the rearwheel/high BB effect?

Also how does BB effect being on the front wheel? Such as endo's Up to front, taps gaps to front. etc.

EDIT: Jake, what was the WB on that thing again? 995 wasn't it?

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Okay i want to apologise for posting so much and having so many questions tonight..

last one two <ahttp://www.trials-forum.co.uk/uploads/innocent.png' alt=':angel:'> for now...

Why on the stock does it have a gusset behind the seat tube (right word?) the small triangle one.

and is this the 2011 black sky? or aren't there different colours/names this year

post-22746-0-50266800-1292444178_thumb.j

Okay i want to apologise for posting so much and having so many questions tonight..

last one two <ahttp://www.trials-forum.co.uk/uploads/innocent.png' alt=':angel:'> for now...

Why on the stock does it have a gusset behind the seat tube (right word?) the small triangle one.

and is this the 2011 black sky? or aren't there different colours/names this year

I am guessing increased frame life and stiffness

What would that actually do if you raised the bar height would it make you feel like you had a lower BB on two wheels but still have the advantages of the 90BB on the rear wheel? Or would it just feel like you had an 80BB for eg, so you loose some advantage of the rearwheel/high BB effect?

Also how does BB effect being on the front wheel? Such as endo's Up to front, taps gaps to front. etc.

EDIT: Jake, what was the WB on that thing again? 995 wasn't it?

Raising the bar height just means that it doesn't feel like all your weight's over the front. It balances it out a bit so you still get a nice, manoeuvrable bike, but you don't feel like all your weight's going through your wrists. If you just raise the BB height it makes it better if you live on your back wheel, but it generally makes 2-wheeled moves not feel as nice, and it can make doing moves to front a little odd as your weight's already biased in that way.

Stronger, stiffer.

This is the only Sky as far as I'm aware.

So is this Koxx a bit like a modstock?

(the 26" version)

Andwill Koxx make this one like an £800 frame?

It's a 'modstock' in the sense it has a 116mm rear end.

The price of the frame is already in the topic.

Correct me if i am wrong

Chain tensioner is interesting no snail cam bolts :huh:

Edit i see a stub ???? whats the idea in this then less chance of movement. Why dont they make a semi moon shape so the snail cam sit almost inside more contact less movement

Edited by weebryan

The article has now been updated with the weights for each frame, thought I'd post them in here as well:

20" - 1530g (including bashplate)

26" - 1590g

We've also just seen a picture of Vince's full bike - I think it looks great!

Koxx-Sky2-26-full.jpg

looks amazing.where can i steal oh i mean buy this from. :giggle:

Those forks on Vincent's bike are they a new TryAll/Koxx design for 2011, as they look like have less rake and simular design to Inspired fork?

Edit: doesnt matter as i couldnt see the familar curved part of the lower legs and thought they were straight legs.

Edited by Rusevelt

Pretty sure DOB did that bash design a while ago.

The frames in the UK will be £699 I think. I reckon they'll be more popular as complete bikes given the 116mm hub on the 26" and post mount brake on the 20", but we'll be getting some separate frames in to inspect anyway :)

Oh and the mod is 1000, +90, 350.

Im in the market for a 26, and this really tickles my pickle, any idea on eta of a full build or having a frame to let me build a custom bike ;P?

Hopefully before Xmas for the frames, bikes... early Jan I reckon.

20" - £1749, 26" - £1599

Well if its near that price with the gear you mentioned i will probably have a full build asap then :P

What sort weight do you think were looking at 9kg and under :)?

What sort weight do you think were looking at 9kg and under :)?

My triton frame is the same weight as the 26" (albeit much stronger Ill warrant ;) ) and my bike is 8.8kg even with 950g forks. You could quite feasibly get one down to 8.7-8.6kg without a huge amount of hassle :)

Edited by forteh

Nobody cares that the new frames are heavier ? + 130g for the 26" version ...

Cheaper though...

Personally it seems like step backwards in a few respects...

Mod stock spacing

Bland and uninteresting graphics. The red and orange sky were works of art!

Not a really low weight? 1.6kgs is more average nowadays...