Manufacturers.......this Is What We Want!

murph82

But correct me if I'm wrong but when you buy the rip you are completely new to trials and do no alot. In regards to making new frames to take a 19" wheel what's the point in that as I'd still have to buy a new frame. What I'm saying is onza should/ could make a cheap rear wheel and some sort of brake adaptor to UPGRADE the 09 / 10 rip.

Howz that

But correct me if I'm wrong but when you buy the rip you are completely new to trials and do no alot. In regards to making new frames to take a 19" wheel what's the point in that as I'd still have to buy a new frame. What I'm saying is onza should/ could make a cheap rear wheel and some sort of brake adaptor to UPGRADE the 09 / 10 rip.

Howz that

I didn't really understand much of that, but from what I could get of it, making an adaptor that wouldn't be flexy/fiddly to install (bearing in mind how much it needs to move the mounts) would be tricky. It's also a fairly niche product (in that apart from the Echo/Atomz Kid frames and similar frames to that, there's only the Rip that it'd be useful for), so I don't really think it'd justify the price of R&D/testing/making them in a decent quantity. We'll see though...

Smaller pitch chains/freewheels/sprockets might be cool to help stop people having to mess around with half-links and so on, and allow people to fully fine-tune their gearing:

SM.jpg

SM1.jpg

I didn't really understand much of that

not alot to get really onza should make a upgradable prebuilt 19" rear wheel for the rip. The brake kit could be as simple as small brake mounts on the underside of the original ones or v brakes were the pads hang lower it's not rocket science

Edited by onza1

What I meant was that statements like "But correct me if I'm wrong but when you buy the rip you are completely new to trials and do no alot." didn't really make any sense.

It'd be good if they were able to find a way but I genuinely don't think it'd be too easy - if you look at where the pad slot ends in relation to the pivot of the V-brake caliper, there's not really any room you can gain there compared to the amount you need.

710542_321Lrg.jpg

The brake kit could be as simple as small brake mounts on the underside of the original ones or v brakes were the pads hang lower it's not rocket science

But it all adds to the price, which they're trying to keep as low as possible because the bike is a starter rig.

But it all adds to the price, which they're trying to keep as low as possible because the bike is a starter rig.

Mark it wasn't meant to read no alot meant to be don't no alot. It reply to post above that is why I say a UPGRADE what upgrade means is that you can buy it later on as a add say £50 for a wheel and £20 for the brake adaptors.also i think I have a idea about the brakes and will try to explain and draw up when I have bit more time thinking about it is very simple and I may even be able to modify my brakes :)

not alot to get really onza should make a upgradable prebuilt 19" rear wheel for the rip. The brake kit could be as simple as small brake mounts on the underside of the original ones or v brakes were the pads hang lower it's not rocket science

From the Onza website:

"Building on its reputation as the finest value entry level trials bike ever, the Rip gets a fantastic makeover for 2010. Brand new competition style frame with carefully thought out geometry for the novice rider, new riser bars and an ALLOY handlebar stem. Stunning new graphics on a dazzling white frame and now a choice of finishing colors, either red or blue.

Basically, what your saying is that you want Onza to make a adapter which allows a 19" wheel into a entry level bike, right?

You honestly think that they're going to go to all the effort to make an adapter for the amount of people that buy 20" rear trials bikes and say "why dont these fit 20" wheels? They are for novice beginers! People who are new to the trials scene and want to learn basics and get the things of things.

Basically, what your saying is that you want Onza to make a adapter which allows a 19" wheel into a entry level bike, right?

You honestly think that they're going to go to all the effort to make an adapter for the amount of people that buy 20" rear trials bikes and say "why dont these fit 20" wheels? They are for novice beginers! People who are new to

the trials scene and want to learn basics

Finally some one gets it. Answer me this you buy a rip as your new to trials correct also being new to trials your

strapped for cash correct so you pay £300 for a rip then 6 months on sell your rip fr pennies and have to find around

the £300 Mark again to upgrade when you simply could make a adaptor so that you could run a 19" rear wheel on

your rip which would eliminate the case of losing £150 and onza would get around £30 for a simple piece of kit all

because they would only sell a couple of hundred a year as appose to a thousand. This thread was to tell

manufacturers what you want correct again so why make a

thread if you wont listen I've done all the hard I've given two very simple solutions on how to make the adaptors and

you reckon they shouldn't make them cuz they won't sell

enough, good customer service

Rant done

Edited by onza1

it's not rocket science

Trying to understand how big the hole you're digging is going to get is though.

If you wanted a 19" wheel why not buy a different bike? If you didn't know then fair enough, Why not sell your bike and buy one that takes a 19" wheel instead of trying to get a company to make you an adapter?

EDIT: It's because of that reason alone. If you made something and put time and effort into it and got f**k all out of it you'd be a bit ticked off.

Edited by l33th3tr33

I didn't say they "shouldn't" make them, in fact I even said it would be a good thing to have as we get a few calls from time to time from people asking if they can use an Evo 2 Adaptor to move their brakes down enough to run a 19" wheel in there, or other mods. One of your two ideas also doesn't work, assuming one of them was that longer-slotted V-brake one...

I really dont see why some people are getting so irate. We all at some point or another will need to upgrade something on our bike if we chose to buy off the shelf so deal with it. I mean "if" you could change the wheel with adaptors. Your looking at £20-£30 for the adaptors, £50+ for a wheel and between £20 and £40 for a tyre you might as well of saved that little extra for the bike with a 19" wheel in the 1st place.

Right I give up telling you lot I'll make the change and make the brakes and help people out there who can't afford to just lose £200 of there bike and spend anoter £400 buying a new one. I'm not trying to sell anything to onza or any other company I was saying it would have been a good idea which is the idea of the thread. As for marks bit about people asking if they can make the brakes drop down surely them people would have bought the adaptor. And lastly it elimantes the need to sell your first bike when it's in perfect nick. As I say anyone who wants to know more about my idea please ask. I still like the idea of a trials hand book though.

Good night to all and to all a good night

I really dont see why some people are getting so irate. We all at some point or another will need to upgrade something on our bike if we chose to buy off the shelf so deal with it. I mean "if" you could change the wheel with adaptors. Your looking at £20-£30 for the adaptors, £50+ for a wheel and between £20 and £40 for a tyre you might as well of saved that little extra for the bike with a 19" wheel in the 1st

place.

Yes but a extra £140 in one go is alot where as buying them in bits it's easier for people to afford at first especially when your a kid. Not that I need to upgrade the bike as I'm more than good enough doing 100 backhops and 9ft side hops ;) just a idea for onza to make money and us customers not lose a load selling our bikes

Good lucking making adaptors that are strong enough, light enough and dont flex

Ok. This is why it was posted as a thing for onza to look in to. I'll try to be " lucking" companies could even make a v brake were the mounts are at the top of the brake instead of the bottom so the pads are lower I'm full of ideas tonight

If you need all of the bits to convert it from 20 to 19 you're still gonna need to spend all that at once.

I bet it will still work out cheaper than losing £150 off what you bought your bike for then spending another £200 on our next bike. Ou don't neccerally have to buy it all at one you could buy the adaptors one month then next month when you get paid you could buy the wheel