Revell Trials Frame.

sstein

i had one for quite a while but never measured the geo. quite short though. think the back end is fairly long, especially as they have horizontal dropouts. i really liked riding this frame.

and its well worth the £29.99 theyre going for brand new on ebay!!!

edit: heavy due to steel so not for the weight weenies.

Edited by T-Limburn

Lots of people rode them back in the day. It's definitely street geo with it being short. I had a spin on one, but rode it as a pure trials bike with a long stem. With a short stem, it's probably PERFECT as a streetbike, but it lacks a seat, so take that for what it's worth. Short, dece BB height, relatively short stays, I would even slap a suspension fork on it and make it a SS trail bike (I never sit down anyways).

I would buy it. I actually eMailed the seller but he never got back to me, so take that for what it's worth as well.

since when has TGS been "proper" street? >_<

I meant long chainstays and low bbs are bad for bmx type street where spins and hops are used.

I don't know but i tend to assume thats what people mean and i do not like it.

I'll just keep my monies until i've got my mind set on one of the 24" things.

some people may disagree, but I think he'll be better off with the Revell. Sure it's not as suited to pure trials as the T-Rex, but as I always say, learn to ride on a harder bike and you'll be laughing later. Plus I so often see new riders on super long bikes and they just can't handle the length (what she said) and it hinders them rather than helps.

IMAG0321.jpg

i used to love this a lot. cracked by the head tube and had it rewelded but it eventually went again which is when i moved to the control.

i had a plastic mini seat zip tied on most of the time. used a mech for tension most of the time too but by the looks of this pic i destroyed the hanger!

i reckon with another inch rise on the bars it'd be awesome. think those are 1 or 1.5" azonic bars with fsa stem.

i started to get ok on this frame, did me proud!

I owned one many years ago, was great for bunny hopping, poor for spinning as Ali said, for £30-£40 and if your starting I'd rather use a revell, strong, if you smash it to bits or crack it re-weld it off you go, you won't get that with ali, and on the bright side you will have something not that many others have along side the typical long low bikes we see every day. With regards to starting hard and you'll be laughing later it is a true point, I started on a planet x Jackflash back in the day knifen forks and crap v's with deore hubs I had to replace once a month, how ever as soon as I picked up a true trials bike after learning ther basics on the planet x the progression was very quiick and a whole load of fun......