Scottish Champoinship Dates

kevind

Still got to get a web page up and running but here are the dates for the 2011 Scottish champoinships. I will either post here or at biketrial federation with more details as I have them.

Round 1 2 day 12th and 13th March Kinlochleven at the Mound

Round 2 1 day 10th April Bob Mcgregor trials site near Glasgow

Round 3 1 day 8th May East Lothian venue TBA

Round 4 1/2 day 4/5th June Fort William (during world down hill and British trials champoinship) (Entries will be through Bike trial Federation as its mainly a British round) Scottish on Saturday but you can ride both days if you want!

Round 5 1 day 30th July Fort William (during the world motorcycle trial)

Round 6 20/21 1/2 day Aberdeen provisional

Round 7 8/9th October 1/2 day indoor at Phantassie new venue if its ready. Awards night as well to all those who rode well.

Enrty will be through biketrial@tiscali.co.uk entry fee to be set and will be payable before event. Club membership will be set at £10 this year to cover all the start up expensises. Membership forms available through above address in the next week. best six of seven scores will count for overall champoinship.

If anyone else wants to run an event let me know.

I will post out club membership forms to those em addresses I have already in the next week or so.

See you all in eight weeks get practasing.

Sounds great Kev, and club membership seems a good price, great venues. Really looking forward to this i'll hopefully be attending rounds 2,3 and 7 :) one question, on the two day events is there separate points availible for the two days or is it just counted over the weekend?

Edited by TrialsMan Dan

Might see about persuading my dad to go see the mototrials at fort william this year and do the comp too.

Will there be day membership (or half £5 membership like tyke trials does) or would I have to pay £10 for years membership and the comp cost too?

Might see about persuading my dad to go see the mototrials at fort william this year and do the comp too.

Will there be day membership (or half £5 membership like tyke trials does) or would I have to pay £10 for years membership and the comp cost too?

Hate a question you lot I just want a simple life!! Yeah one day membership as Tyke trial does sound perfect at a fiver.

Each day will count as seperate points day would be best I think.

'Nother question :giggle: so on the two day events are they treated as 'single' events or is the second day a continuation of the first?

EDIT: my Dad has a query about the club. He has good knowledge of this stuff having being involved with various car clubs and motorsport, there needs to be club rules and guidelines to follow to keep the legitimecy of the club (not sure on spelling) and to ensure everyone is aware of how the club runs.

Edited by TrialsMan Dan

'Nother question :giggle: so on the two day events are they treated as 'single' events or is the second day a continuation of the first?

EDIT: my Dad has a query about the club. He has good knowledge of this stuff having being involved with various car clubs and motorsport, there needs to be club rules and guidelines to follow to keep the legitimecy of the club (not sure on spelling) and to ensure everyone is aware of how the club runs.

Hi Dan,

They will be two seperate events. It was already asked see above!!!

Your Dad is correct. I have been involved with bike and motorsport clubs since I was a lad as well, holding a variety of posts.

There is a club bank acount set up with three signatures. (me, my wife and Ian Archibald) My wife has said she will keep the books and reciepts (treasurer) unless someone else would like to volunteer? I will do event secretary unless someone else would like to volunteer? These posts should be voted in but as its brand new I just got on with it for this year

The club is run under the bike trial federation umbrella and there guidelines ect but we need to ammend that with the scottish bike trial club headings. (cant remember the correct word for it)

The club gets event insurance( riders and officials)for events through the amca bike trial insurance system and they also issue the club with event permits.

I/we need to organise a club meeting to appoint posts and any other questions raised. But as no one has joined other than my two lads they have the say!

Everybody is very spread out and the ride on the 5th of January in Glasgow was going to be a discuss the club type ride but never happened. So I just got on with it.

I will call a AGM at the Saturday night of the last event before the prise giving where we can propose 2012 postings and club directions.

If this is not a suitable solution for this year then please let me know (anyone reading this) and I will try to get any CLUB memebers problems resolved.

This is not a moan already but I run my own business and have a family and have tried to start a club and organise a champoinship for riders in Scotland and hopefully run two fun events last year that everybody enjoyed with some help with set up. I dont ride but I need to keep the running of the club very simple as I dont have masses of time do paper work. I have a business that gives me that grief. I will get the bike trial federation policies and get them on the club website when someone does the web site for me for everybody to see. They know who I talking about!!!!!

I did ask about disclosures as there are kids involved but was told it was a very grey area running a club.

My wife is a teacher so is disclosed to the heighest level and I have been disclosed with the local council to help at my boys school. I think I am disclosed as a SRU coach as well. I know you need seperate disclosures for each thing you do but as kids are signed for by parent/gaurdian at events then it didnt seem to matter.

I hope this answers your dads questions and as its brand new, I just hoped that it would start with a good turn out at the first event and we could all meet somewhere on Saturday night to have a beer and juice for the kids!! and discuss the club and get it sorted. I was going to put a note about this on the event entry anyway as it would save having a seperate day to meet.

If there is anything else I have forgotten about then let me know and I will try to get it resolved. Any bigger meets I will post up here that have things to do with the club and not just a small group going out for a ride until the website is up and running.

Totally understandable Kev, you do seem like quite a busy man! It was just a query my dad wanted more information on and thats cleared things up a great deal. Obviously at my age there isnt alot i can volunteer to help out with that carries alot of responsiblity but if theres anything you can think of that would be useful, id be very happy to do my bit to ensure good running of the club and events so just give us a shout! :)

Dan

Totally understandable Kev, you do seem like quite a busy man! It was just a query my dad wanted more information on and thats cleared things up a great deal. Obviously at my age there isnt alot i can volunteer to help out with that carries alot of responsiblity but if theres anything you can think of that would be useful, id be very happy to do my bit to ensure good running of the club and events so just give us a shout! :)

Dan

Hi Dan,

sorry bit of a ramble this morning. Lots of work to organise dont worry I will ask if I need.

• 2 weeks later...

You should be getting my stuff at the start of next week.

Hi Wolfman, (simons nickname for you). I will bring entry forms to Kinlochleven next weekend if your coming. Aarons crash on youtube "onza blade crash". I wasnt there and he has been boll*cked for no helmet

Hi Wolfman, (simons nickname for you). I will bring entry forms to Kinlochleven next weekend if your coming. Aarons crash on youtube "onza blade crash". I wasnt there and he has been boll*cked for no helmet

Haha ah yes that tee. Is he still using the pain points I showed him?

Yeah he really should of being useing a helmet. But I think the face full of ground might tell him in all. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

When is the one in Aberdeen? And where about is it?

The Aberdeen one is provisional yet as we need to get a location to organise the trial. 21st August again is the provisional date. The first five at the start of the post will be running.

Hi Dan,

Good to hear you are going up to inter I think with your ability you would enjoy it more. Entries are slow but steady. I am going up Friday morning to meet Gary to mark out the sections. We are staying at the Macdonald Hotel next to the venue.

Hi Johny,

Every little help will be appreciated.

No you are not riding novice unless you have a letter from all four of your grand parents and their grandparents saying you are not fit physically and mentally (maybe just physically!!!) fit to ride. Inter will be hard but novice sections you have seen them at the last events.

Gary has just told me I have made a booboo on the entry form. oops. No address or cheque payable details on form. Just pay on day for this one. My bad. It is Scottish bike trial club on cheques please and Thornrigg, Samuelston Crossroads, Haddington EH41 4HE if you want to send it off to ease signing on on the day.

I cant believe i missed this thread :giggle:

My bike is knackered at the moment but it should be fixed within the next week aslong as i get my parts from tarty asap.

I will sign up for memberhip in the next few days and will try and make arrangements to get to kinlochlevin. (sp?)

Also lewis if i can get a lift im sure my dad wouldnt mind swinging by your way. (Y)

Edited by Andrew C