Stan's New Bike + Video!

Mark W

Update 14/3/11:

New video of Stan (with carbon tube in place!):

Just a quick little video to show off Stan's shiny new Echo Pure 2011, as well as a couple of clips from Birchwood. Getting used to a very different frame is pretty hard, so riding wet, slippery rocks in the rain isn't really ideal. Stan dominated though, although my filming skills on my new camera didn't :P Threw the clips in Premiere, no real editing, just watch it already...

img9459v.jpg

img9453c.jpg

img9452g.jpg

img9448j.jpg

img9446l.jpg

img9460z.jpg

Spec:

Frame: Echo Pure 2011

Forks: Trialtech Sport Disc Only

Headset: Echo SL

Stem: Try-All NUC Forged

Bars: Try-All Carbon

Grips: Trialtech Foam

BB: Echo Ti

Cranks: Trialtech Sport 175mm

Pedals: Trialtech MG-1/Ti

Bashring: Trialtech Ti Halfring

Freewheel: Echo SL 108

Chain: Trialtech Lite/Z610HX

Rear sprocket: Trialtech Sport 15t

Hubs: Trialtech samples

Rims: Trialtech SL front and rear

Rear brake: Echo SL Lever body with Magura 4-finger lever, custom splitter, Magura slaves, water+antifreeze bleed

Front brake: Magura Marta SL

Tyres - Front: Continental proto. Rear: Continental Der Kaiser

Tubes - Front: Maxxis Ultralight. Rear: Maxxis Welterweight

Think that's about everything, although I just rattled that off the top of my head so may be totally wrong.

Sup, standard stuff for Stan. Just wondering about this frame and its stiffness. Does it flex much without a booster and how is the overall stiffness compared to other frames Stan has used.

Thanks guys.

Frame is suprisingley stiff. The tubing is thicker than my last two frames (Sky/Hydroxx2) so that helps, but the brake feels just as stiff too. The design of the Echo is very neat and simple and the rear end is compact so there isn't a lot of room for any give.

I've noticed Stan's riding is more rolly/flowy now. We had a ride in Blackburn the other night and we were talking about this exact same thing - riding brakeless helps out your normal riding loads. There was a rock I was struggling to get up because I kept trying to use my brakes for it, then I forced myself to try it brakeless and it went first go. But yeah, how you approach objects, how you go over/round/down them and the way you ride in general changes quite a lot.

In a good way, obviously :P