Freewheel Noise

chas

I am new at Trials and have an Inspired four-play, I have noticed the Trialtech freewheel makes a pretty loud crack noise like it didn't engage properly. Does it 3-4 times in a half hour riding session. Not sure if it is normal or not? Any one have a similar expirience with the Trialtech freewheel? Thanks.

Time for a new freewheel I think, this will happen for a while then adventually it will just disengange completely, so when you try pedaling it just spins freely. Also its quite sketchy riding with a freewheel that skips alot, if its skips at the wrong time could end up in a nasty crash.

Its just a few skips, my TrialTech does the same constantly too, doesn't fuss me too much any more, but I would replace it when you have some spare cash

Its only a few skips just now but it'l get worse, mine and my friends started just skipping a few times then he went for a pedal up once, skipped completely his feet slipped of and a BIG shin smacker! It will adventually skip permanently if you get me but it will last a while

Its just a few skips, my TrialTech does the same constantly too, doesn't fuss me too much any more, but I would replace it when you have some spare cash

The bike is only 3 months old, the place I bought it sent me another one and it began doing the same noise after a few hours of riding. Ive never felt it slip just make a loud crack. So I thought maybe it was inherrent on this freewheel? Thanks for the input.

The bike is only 3 months old, the place I bought it sent me another one and it began doing the same noise after a few hours of riding. Ive never felt it slip just make a loud crack. So I thought maybe it was inherrent on this freewheel? Thanks for the input.

Do you know what freewheel it is?

The crack could mean a few different things. When it makes the noise does it skip too?