European Cup Round 1 - Spain

Robin M S/c

Dave Bradley has asked me to start a topic regarding the 1st round on the EBU European Cup that is to be held at Torredembarra near Tarragona on the 12th March.

You'll need a BIU licence from Dave at a cost of £15 and forms can be downloaded from the Essex Bike Trial website www.ebtc.net

The details of the event are on the Eurobiketrial.com website

I have sent an enquiry to the organisers to see if individual entries are accepted or whether a list from the UK team manager is required.

Adam is riding and as far as I know Scott Wilson is also.

Anyone else going to make the trip?

• 3 weeks later...

Why do we need a BIU licence? What does it actually do?

I was hoping to do it this year but its only 3 weeks away which prob means its going to be expensive to sort out flights hotel car hire etc all at short notice, plus i cant seem to find out how to enter or how much it costs to enter.

Sadly i think its too little info too late for me, its a shame as the Spanish one would have been my favourite one to attend. Hopefully i can make Sweeden or France or Both later in the year.

Scott you booked up tunnel?

You cant be driving all the way to Barcelona surely, its like 12hour drive from Calais

Info has been on the EBU website for some time now - details were sent to you and others on 20 January in the EBTC news. I also brought the topic up and gave info at the 16 Jan meeting at Barrow Farm. To enter any international BIU and EBU competitions you have to have one of their licences. Have already issued several so contact me asap if you need one :rolleyes:

Dave

EBU website www.eurobiketrial.com

Edited by noworries

You need one because its the law!!

Yeah, its not too bad, day n half, 2 days (well could be 1 day depends what mood my dads in!)

Easier way of doing it, saves hassle with flights, transport bike bags etc,.

Jump in the car and your away!

Its been known for quite a while, im sure theres still time to get it sorted. Just under a month away

The Law! Fair enough. Just seems like more Beurocracy and red tape.

I will still look at flights this week if i get a chance, if they not too much then i might come.

I know its been on the website but i only found out about it at Barrow Farm meeting and from the website i cant see how to Enter or how much it costs, I just see a big advert for Sweeden, not much on Spain. This post even says your not sure if you can enter individually or if you need a manager. Well do we know yet? Must do if people have already entered. Who is the manager?

Good Luck Scott in both the comp and the drive there (Y)