Tarty Days 2011

AdamR28

IMO this is where it went wrong for me; the rules we were given.

Helmets must be worn at all times whilst riding in either trials arena

No riding OUTSIDE of the two trials arenas

Please PUSH your bike when moving around the main Woodfest showground and between the two arenas

Over 25,000 people visit the Woodfest show across the three days so it gets really busy around the stalls, exhibitions and walk ways.

Campfires

There will be ONE campfire allowed in the Tarty Days camping area.

A large fire bin will be provided – do not start your own individual fires

Have fun!

It’s not often we get to meet up together for events like this – enjoy it!

We didn't break one of these, especially "there will be ONE campfire allowed in the Tarty Days camping area." - Not, there will be ONE fine inside the woodfest event. IMO the people that set up our fire did a fricking good job! it caused no damage to anything and was really responsible!

Theres nothing about the level of noise we were allowed to make, I mean FFS I think most of us were passed out by 1a.m. not like it went on stupid into the night.

If we were told before that we had to abide by the Woodfest rules of "snoozefest - strictly no fun allowed" I wouldn't have bothered coming. Its not anyone's fault that it happened the way it did (apart from the woodfest cunts,) just a shame that it did. It wasn't just me and Ross it was Phil and his car of 5 which got kicked out for using a megaphone - I mean why a "official" couldn't have come upto him that night and ask him to stop using it politely is beyond me.

I agree with Simpson on this, I wish the security just come up to us and said keep quite. We had to stay up as it was georges birthday on Sunday so we sang happy birthday and went to bed we was a sleep by 12:30. Then I had a knock on van door at 9 and told to leave, so basically we drove 4 hours paid £20 x 5 and got to ride from 11am - 7pm on Saturday and told to leave 9am Sunday morning. Great birthday present for George :(

I must say a big thank you to all the riders that stuck up for us and said good things about us once we had left. It means alot.

And thanks to Matt Barlow for trying to sort out us seeing a demo, it's a shame it didn't work out. Hope you didn't get in to much trouble.

All in all the riding was better then last year. The venue was not as good but I still enjoyed myself for the day. I really hope the megaphone don't jeopardise another tarty days.

You guys do so much hard work sorting thse festivals out and we really appricate it. Please don't let this be the last one.

Phil

It's gotta be said that overall the weekend was a success. My roomies being kicked out for something they didn't do was proper gash, as were the other evictions, but the riding was decent and there were a good few giggles.

It was worth the 20 quid to see Jake going crazy on the brakeless element!

I'm in a services now on my way home, and I think if you asked me whether I was going to go next year it'd all depend on it not being a part of woodfest. Charge me 50 quid and have it as a standalone (indoor) event.

Was real fun, so many sound people! Shame people did have to go whatever the reasons were. But whoever thought smashing bottles and burning decent pallets is retarded, or maybe i'm retarded for thinking that's actually the clever thing todo when there was other planks which weren't being used under the trailer?

Anyways thanks to everyone who come, organised, was cool etc (Y)

Oh and JD, i didn't know that was you! Ben told me who the cool guy was on the orange Marino :D Probably take me another year to workout a single TF name to face again >_<

Shame all Welsh people are jobsworth cunts.

Dam all us Welsh people! Yeah...

Anyway, apart from the above statement :turned: all of what you have said is bang on.

When I came across the fire, I thought that was the official TartyDays fire. As soon as the aerosols went on, I started thinking back to the NASS days.....The aerosols were definatly a step to far, but why they had a problem with the fire is beyond me.

With regards to noise, even on the Saturday night I didn't think it was out of hand. If you put a bunch of lads together, and beer your going to get noise!

What was with the woman at the BBQ, "donations please" (no donation), "tight"!!! I didn't even know what I was donating to!

In all honesty, I did enjoy myself. Only thing I thought would have added to it was a few more obsticals in out area, maybe just some more pallents to make stuff out of.

alright weekend in the end

PROPS TO SIMPS AND ROSSY FOR TAKING THE FIRE BLAMEAGE!!! CHEERS GUYS, WE ALL OWE YOU

JD is a f**king nutter and i now love campervans

joe prattley, underrated monster!

BMXER kid on the brakeless inspired, awesome

BOON BOY!

my fail tent

next year though, big indoor venue, centre of the country, no where near woodfest, allowed to camp outside with one big fire. and indoors means cars and skips should be fine which would be mint

JD is a f**king nutter and i now love campervans

I don't remember you guys leaving last night. Raging hangover this morning! Vaguely remember rugby tackling someone, and I ache. Must've been good...

Really injoyed it this year altho I can't help but think last year was way more relaxed and chilled out. Seems that us brummies like traditions haha 1. Me drinking far too much on the first night and throwing up out of car several times and eventually getting up at half 4 in the afternoon 2. Every one but me in the Brummy tent getting up with no hangover on the first night :( 3. Bjh is really annoying when your with him for 4 days straight haha only joking Ben. Other memorial moments some how knocking Adrian Jordan ( any one now where he dissapered to??) over and him getting back up and tackling what he thought was me haha poor Josh, also seeing my all time favourite ride arulian fontenoy absolute monster, chilling by the proper fire on the second night having a laugh with mates. Thanks to Matt Barlow and tarty Adam for there efforts :) bring on next year ( we hope )

What an ace 3 days. Really was. Weather only put me off in the morning but it soon brightened up.

Cheers to Little Yoshi for taking me and carl there. Also to the whole organisation of it, must have taken alot of effort to get everything sorted and up there so thanks for that. And the demo riders etc.

Also thanks to the 2 riders in the green mini from Brighton for setting up my rear bb7, worked a treat for me all weekend!

I think we probably could have had the fire going longer if aerosols weren't thrown on it as that probs pissed the Welsh people off. I'm not too fussed though. Kinda sucked on the night last night though as we couldn't exactly chill around the arena due to not having a fire for light and to keep warm.

Agree with above though ^ next year have someone where kinda in the middle of england.

Cheers for an awesome 3 days :)

Edited by dann2707

Went today to hear Ali c wasn't demoing due to an injury... What happened??? Gutted but Andrei Burton was class!

He did an 11ft drop unintentionally to 2 wheels which ended up in a serious leg injury.

Edited by Cap

Glad I didn't go, all I've heard are stories of shit weather and people getting kicked out.

It rained a bit on Saturday morning, a bit on Sunday morning and a bit this morning. There was more dry weather than bad. There were also only a few people kicked out. But yeah, you're the one who missed out on it all so I don't really give much of a shit whatever your misinformed opinions might be. Adam and Matt put in a hell of a lot of effort (despite getting messed around by quite a lot of people in the run-up to it all) and even though there was one "interesting" person there I had a pretty good time all in all. Finally got home just now after a pretty long weekend so I'm looking forward to my shower heating up and getting to actually clean myself off.

Didn't realise all the shenanigans about the fire, especially about evictions and stuff. The explosions started happening just as we all headed down to our bit, and by the time I woke up in the morning it was about 11:30 and I think most of it had gone down by then. I got told that only two people got kicked out, and also not that it was you who got kicked out Simps - that sucks, was wondering where you guys had gone off to! 'cos I missed out a load of time on Saturday afternoon I just assumed you'd headed off home. Definitely on everyone's side about noise and all that stuff - the fire itself was actually pretty well controlled (in that it was specifically "No fires that scorch the ground" - pretty safe in that bucket, and apart from the explosives I reckon it would've been fine...), and the live band the night after definitely made more noise for a longer period of time than anyone in the TartyDays bit. I guess it just comes down to however 'keen' security are, and it sounds like they were very much keen. I don't think that's necessarily representative of WoodFest itself though, or whether the two events should be held combined again. Without Woodfest we wouldn't have had the obstacles, toilets or showers, and it also wouldn't have only cost £20 for the three nights/BBQ/T-shirt etc. I actually enjoyed getting to cruise around the various stalls and stuff today, even the weird dancing sheep.

Anyway, my shower's probably good to go now so byyeeee.

Was A funny weekend in my eyes.... No serious shit going on, just everybody haveing a bit of banter with each other!

I know we all give each other crap on here..... But deep down we all love each other HAHA (Y)

Met some awsome people to say the least :D

Its a great event and I did enjoy myself. Big up all involved in organising it.

The only dampener was the security for me. How over the top were they!?!? We got woken up by them at 9am on Sunday morning pretty much letting themselves into our tent with a camera trying to work out if it was us they had photographed the night before! Not happy about that if im honest!

I also thought the fire in the bucket was an 'official' one and was perfectly safe. As said already, if security weren't happy with it why the hell didn't they come and tell us at the time?

Its a shame people got kicked out when it wasn't them. For what its worth, the photos I saw were definitely not Simps or anyone from that camp. The noise (what noise?) didn't bother me either, I was probably comatose in my tent though :lol:

Hopfully if there is another one it'll be a bit more like last years, and my car won't break down (Y)

Edited by eddbmxdude
  • Like 1

I have to say a big thanks to all the organizers of the event, us three from Sheffield had a really great time. We arrived sunday night and I have to agree with the others that it was a bit dead for things todo during the evening however it gave us a chance to retire to our velvet bed :P Unfortunately the weather drove a fair few people away today I think and there wasn't many people at all riding and so it missed the energy of the night before but even still I don't really know how I can complain cause it was great still. Thanks to mark and Ali for the trialtech tees, we got our fair share of funny looks driving home in the mini all with matchings tees on :P all in all was an awesome day or so out, and like others have said I'd be willing to pay the extra fees if needs be next time.

Its about time I retired for a dip in the bath, I'll post a link up with some pics but they are mostly of myself Josh ben and Carl.

Choi

Edited by Duncy H