Tarty Days 2011

AdamR28

Im only doing 2 days but could probably be persuaded to do sunday/monday, gives me a 3 day weekend then :)

edit: If I only go for the sunday/monday, can I still qualify for a free tshirt and burger by paying for the three day ticket? :unsure:

Shaun, if you want a lift you would have to make it over to lichfield (40mins from new street). Ive also got to collect a gecko on the way home but thats only in rhyll so no massive detour.

Cheers man, I will probably be down in Cheltenham Sunday morning so will be difficult for me to get to Lichfield in a timely fashion but I will bear it in mind.

Do it Shaun I can give u a lift home if u like u need to come wouldnt be the same with out you :)

Probably a silly question but, is there room in the castle tent?

Last year we brought a proper BBQ from Asda and there was no objection but the rules may have changed but I can't see why not.

That BBQ was far from proper hahaha

IM down there the week before so might be able to help out. Whats need doing?

Thanks for the offer.

Drop me a PM with your mobile number and I'll be in touch about helping out the week before.

Just to clarify, we need to get there before 10.30am for the separate parking, yeah?

If you are arriving in the morning I'd actually recommend parking in the main Woodfest public car park (free) initially and then moving your vehicle to the Tarty Days camping area in the evening, once the Woodfest event has closed to the public.

If I only go for the sunday/monday, can I still qualify for a free tshirt and burger by paying for the three day ticket? :unsure:

Yes, no problem. Just tell the staff at the ticket office you'd like a three day pass and a free t-shirt.

can we bring our own BBQ's ?? and have a small fire in the BBQ ?? or is it just the main bonfire ??

Individual campfires are strictly prohibited on the new site this year (Kimnel Estate).

Good news though, personal BBQ's are fine as long as they do not scorch the grass (i.e. Please use the stand provided if you are using those disposable BBQs)

------------------------------

BBQ update:

The BBQ, Live band and Bar (stocking fine local Ales) will be on SUNDAY night.

To reiterate, the one free Burger per person offer is limited to those individuals who buy a three day pass.

Woodfest.jpg

Don't forget that Tarty Days runs as part of Woodfest Wales, so as well as riding there is lots of other activities to get involved with...

Woodfest is the biggest event of its kind in the UK, attracting 25,000 plus people over the course of three days.

www.woodfestwales.co.uk

An interactive festival, full of exciting things to do for all the family

- 7 different event arenas

- Over 150 outside stands of demonstrations and trade

- 6 main marquees full of interesting and unique goods produced in the UK

- Chainsaw Carving Competitions,

- Lumberjack Competitions,

- Axe Racing, Pole Climbing,

- Horse Logging Competitions,

- Birds of Prey displays

- Chainsaw artists competing to carve giant wooden sculptures

- High tech forest equipment demonstrated by working professionals

- Watch craftsmen and women carrying out traditional Crafts and skills

- Arts Zone

- Education Zone

- Craft Fair

- Food Fair

- Woodturning & Tools Marquee

- Children's play areas and rides

He doesn't think he's going now...

Would you be looking to go on the Saturday dan?

Im going sunday and monday.

If you could get a train to Hull City Train Station there is a small chance my old man could pick you up and give you a lift on sunday with me and jake, pending on wether this other lad is definately coming with us........

If you could get a train to Hull City Train Station there is a small chance my old man could pick you up and give you a lift on sunday with me and jake, pending on wether this other lad is definately coming with us........

Wont you be going past Leeds to to get to Tartydays coming from Hull?

Hi guys !

I'm coming to Tartydays and I'm from Norway.

I will take the plane from Stavanger to Liverpool with my bike.

From Liverpool to Woodfest is a lot of diffrent transports I have to use : buss, train,...

I wonder if someone who live in Liverpool could pick me up at the airport or maybe in Liverpool to drive together to TartyDays ?

If someone also have a free couch, it will be great ;) if not, I will find an hotel in the area.

Arrival : Sat 28 May 11 at 10:00 Liverpool

Departure : Tue 31 May 11 at 17:25 Liverpool

Many thanks,

Antoine :)

• Like 1

Hi guys !

I'm coming to Tartydays and I'm from Norway.

I will take the plane from Stavanger to Liverpool with my bike.

From Liverpool to Woodfest is a lot of diffrent transports I have to use : buss, train,...

I wonder if someone who live in Liverpool could pick me up at the airport or maybe in Liverpool to drive together to TartyDays ?

If someone also have a free couch, it will be great ;) if not, I will find an hotel in the area.

Arrival : Sat 28 May 11 at 10:00 Liverpool

Departure : Tue 31 May 11 at 17:25 Liverpool

Many thanks,

Antoine :)

You can camp onsite!! just bring a tent

I alredy have alredy think about that but i will be more wheight and volume (thinking about the plane,...)

You could always buy a tent when here, or talk nicely to someone and borrow one. Infact I have a spare 2 man tent I can take with me, not going to be there till sunday though. There is a millets store (outdoor type shop that sells tents and shit) in rhyl, Im sure someone might be able to take you down there to pick up a tent/sleeping bag for fairly cheap, certainly less than a hotel will cost you for 2 nights :)