Iphone Problem...

RossMcd

Hey..

My Iphone 3GS has suddenly just stopped recieving any signal at all. anywhere I am it just says no service and i have tried turning it on and off and nothing has seemed to work. Im about to do a master reset but if that doesnt work I would like some help on what to do next.

thanks.

If its under a year old I'd get an appointment at an Apple store and take it for them to look at, my sister in law did with hers after her signal died as a result of a dodgy screen replace and they just did a straight swap on the spot with no questions asked!

Its Brand new. Its actually my second one as the last one was replaced by warranty after it decided it was just gonna turn off and never turn on ever again. Its just had a master reset and now it keeps coming up with waiting for activation. Its just not doing anything. This is becoming beyond a joke. I have had this one since November.

Its Brand new. Its actually my second one as the last one was replaced by warranty after it decided it was just gonna turn off and never turn on ever again. Its just had a master reset and now it keeps coming up with waiting for activation. Its just not doing anything. This is becoming beyond a joke. I have had this one since November.

In that case do as fox said, a lot of the time they can be very helpful - most of the tech guys are decent and know what they're on about.

Mine did this. Took it to the Apple store to see a 'Genius' and he blagged it. Said that the transmitter (or something) had broke, because I'd clearly dropped it, due to there being a scratch on the corner.

Long story short, he asked me for £140 to replace it, and I walked off.

Right.... I took it to the o2 shop. They gave me a new sim to see if that would solve it. But no. Its still not working. Im quite raging because i was planning on using it to get around glasgow using the sat nav app i have on it. Im going down to the o2 shop again early tomorrow morning. If they say i have to send it off im taking it to the apple store in glasgow to speak to them. This is the second one that has gone faulty on me and the warranty still hasnt ran out for the first one!! Im beginning to go off the phones to be fair.

Your best dealing straight with Apple, like I said earlier my sister in laws phone went crappy when (I assume) the aerial connection got broke whilst having the screen repaired (a common problem apparently). However, when she got to the Apple store in the Trafford centre she could get a perfect signal, so the tech guy said he couldn't really test it if that was the case and just gave her a straight swap. The straight swap phone broke about a week later though when the speaker stopped working so she went back and again they just swapped it there and then. Other than the 1st replacement breaking I can't really fault their service, and the guys in our local O2 shop are a bunch of c***s!