nb88

Just give it a go and see what happens.

I f**kin hate those parking gits on uni campuses, I had one guy actually putting the clamp on while I started my car to leave, I had been there maybe 5 mins and got back to my car while he was getting the clamp out of his van, he said to me 'The clapms out the van so its going on the car' I said the keys are out my pocket and the car is going that way mate.

I just drove off while he tried to put the clamp on.

What a fekin weasle.

If they write you a letter, ask them to prove that it was you driving. They can't.

A friend of mine did it with a ticket he got in Morrissons car park.

It was very well written and basically said unless you can prove I was driving please stop writing to me otherwise I will contact the police as it's harassment. Worded much better than that obviously, but it worked...

If they write you a letter, ask them to prove that it was you driving. They can't.

A friend of mine did it with a ticket he got in Morrissons car park.

It was very well written and basically said unless you can prove I was driving please stop writing to me otherwise I will contact the police as it's harassment. Worded much better than that obviously, but it worked...

Not totally convinced by that method. Speeding tickets is one thing but for parking I would have thought that the 'keeper' (i.e. who the car is registered to) is liable in the end. To be honest there's a reasonable chance that if you just ignore it they won't bother chasing it up, though if they do expect the bill to increase as they will have to go through the DVLA to obtain the keepers details...

I know the driver is liable for sure, been reading about it on moneysavingexpert and other sites. Just in two minds whether to pay it, £60 is so much money for a parking ticket but I don't want bailiffs coming to my mums house!

f**k 'em. Just ignore it. They stand to lose money pursuing the matter.

Ignore it. They'll send you copious amounts of letters saying you owe them money and that they'll take you to caught and other bullshit.

It's not against the law to ignore communication from anybody unless it's the police or government.

I had the same thing. £75. £150 after 2 weeks. Kinda sketchy but after 8 letters with threatening court action and a few phone calls they gave up. Total was like £500 in the end :giggle:

I have a thread somewhere. There's also loads of info about it on the web. If it were the council you'd have to pay it, but it would be a reasonable amount also. So just ignore them even if they ring. Oh and it is the driver who is liable, not the keeper or owner.