Grind Problems

Rockman

Got a 2 bolt booster, the brake stopped squealing and the hold went sh*t so I re-grinded it using the usual method, fairly harsh grind, the grind smoothed after about 10 minutes of riding. I read on here that too harsh grinds are bad, so I grinded it again but a light grind, it lasted longer but has now smoothed over. Does this mean my rim is dead or is my brake too stiff ? Please help.

Thanks Shane

...the grind smoothed after about 10 minutes of riding...

Was the roughened finish literally smooth again , or was the brake simply not feeling as you had hoped ? If the latter , it can take a while for the pads and rim to get to know each other . The pads may simply need a while of usage to match the new contours of the braking surface .

I'm thinking of changing rims anyway, does anyone know how the Try-All Hole rear rim holds grinds ? and if it is strong ?

Thanks Shane

Grind on old TA rims just melting :P IMHO if you want strong rim takie onza or Echo urban and light it. 1 grind = 50h of riding :P

I'm thinking of changing rims anyway, does anyone know how the Try-All Hole rear rim holds grinds ? and if it is strong ?

Thanks Shane

Got one on my echo 26" with tnn green pads, holds grinds a bit better than the trial-tech rims but the pads are a hard compound which is why i'm going to get some heatsink yellows.