Clean - Section 01

Mark W

So yeah, info's here...

Blogger fail:

9770bt.jpg

Update 08/06/11:

Was going to save this 'til the 'proper' post on the Clean site about the jam when I get a chance to put that up, but as I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to do that tonight I thought I'd just put this up now: If you're a fully, officially sponsored rider (i.e. on a team website, receiving free bikes/frames), then you won't be eligible for the Top 3 prizes. The main reason for this is that it'd be a bit weird giving a team rider for a different company another company's product, but also that I feel they'd benefit riders who aren't getting free bikes/frames more. If you're one of those fully sponsored riders then firstly, congratulations, but secondly if you turn up, ride well and do some cool stuff then people are going to notice, take photos, film and so on, so you'll still be getting coverage from the event. This will in turn - hopefully - keep you sweet with your sponsors, which will hopefully keep your sponsors providing you with stuff. That's strictly the business side of things obviously - you can still ride and enjoy it, but yeah, I thought I'd better make that clear now. Should probably have done this a while back but it's one of the things I kept putting off/forgetting about. If you're a sponsored rider and either just get a discount on parts or occasionally receive some small parts for free then I don't really have a problem allowing you to potentially win, it's mainly the frame/bike sponsor that's the clincher.

If anyone feels that's unfair then mention it here - I'm willing to listen to arguments the other way, but I feel that this way is pretty fair for everyone.

Update 09/06/11:

So, more info.

The judges on the day are going to be:

Ali C, Stan Shaw, Kenny Wilson, Peter Haydon, and the guys at Inspired Bicycles (who are helping out with 'spot prizes').

The judges are going to be looking out for anyone trying something new, trying something that's obviously pushing themselves, or just generally doing something cool. That'll be what decides the spot prizes. They'll also be keeping an eye on everyone's riding to work out the overall top 3 at the end of the day. As an additional bonus, there's also going to be a 'Best trick/line of the day' prize available.

Spot prizes range from a pair of grips up to a pair of Inspired platform pedals, including hoodies, T-shirts and a few other bits and bobs.

The 'Best trick/line' winner will receive a pair of Inspired forks worth over £100.

The top 3 prizes are as follows:

1st place receives an Adamant 24" frame and a few other bits and pieces (bringing the prizes for first place to a total of around £300 - not a bad amount for going out and having fun).

2nd place receives a pair of Echo Urban forks and some other parts (bringing the second place total to around £120).

3rd place receives a pair of Trialtech bars, a Trialtech stem and a T-shirt - a total of around £90.

For a bit more info, here's the TribalZine article about the jam.

Just to make it clear, the meeting point for the jam is the 'church' at Castle Park, at 12pm. For more information on where that is, where there's parking available and where the end point is, you can use this map.

That was the plan. I was hoping to do one earlier in the year so there'd be more time to potentially do more later in the year, but yeah, I'd hope to continue it if it works out...

Section 02 - Glasgow? :-