Brake Pads

Kenny--Trials

Basicly my brake pads are terrible, the problem is that whenever i get pads they seem to have a great reputation but they never work for me. I dont know wether this is my rim or wether im setting them up wrong. Alot of people say that LGMs or Rock Blues are good but would it be a good idea to get a rim that holds their grinds better like an echo tr rim?

My brake set-up now is heatsink yellows cnc'd backed, monty 221 rim with a light/dead grind and origonal magura clamps and a 4 bolt booster. It has okay hold but no bite at all and i am consious of falling off the back.

Also has anyone used the tr pads because tarty says they are of a similar compound to the zoo pads which i have heard that they were the best pads ever.

Cheers

monty rims tent to be pretty soft so you need a softish pad, the new rockman pads seem to work well also the coust pads should work good on a rim like that..

im going from when i was using dov rims which were pretty soft, alot of pads just seemed to be to hard and worn the grind of.. but the rockman and coust pads worked well.. but be warned they tent to be quite grabby

monty rims tent to be pretty soft so you need a softish pad, the new rockman pads seem to work well also the coust pads should work good on a rim like that..

im going from when i was using dov rims which were pretty soft, alot of pads just seemed to be to hard and worn the grind of.. but the rockman and coust pads worked well.. but be warned they tent to be quite grabby

Ive tryed cousts before and they are as good as using a pair of socks as brake pads...

Ive tryed cousts before and they are as good as using a pair of socks as brake pads...

In which case it's something other than the pads you're using that's at fault. Try a different rim, new grind and everything set up perfectly. Shouldn't really be having any problems with the yellows.

I had a similar problem with my yellows. Try taking off your booster, or replacing it with a 2 bolt. You bite will increase but you hold may go down abit. Then regirnd your rim with a thin disk. :)

• Like 1

In which case it's something other than the pads you're using that's at fault. Try a different rim, new grind and everything set up perfectly. Shouldn't really be having any problems with the yellows.

Ive re-ground my rim and its not perfect but its better. I think the main reason was a crap grind.... still wouldnt mind trying some lgms or belays ;D

Ive re-ground my rim and its not perfect but its better. I think the main reason was a crap grind.... still wouldnt mind trying some lgms or belays ;D

Go for beleays, there the only pads better than cousts, and i found cousts to be the best pads ever. + Dont got for lgms, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.

I thought belaeys were awful! The chamfered edges made them awful, if the whole pad touched the rim they may actually be decent!

Id agree the rim makes a big difference, my atomz rim was shite for a grind where as my echo rims have always been alot better, I thinks it's worth the weigh difference IMO.

Also I think smooth rims are really good with the right setup aslong as you dont ride in rain, ideally old zoos but there are other pads that work well on smooth LGMs for example :)

If you want performance on a smooth rim, Tnn Beleays or Tnn LGMs are really good.

On a grind, the yellows should be fine.

Just make sure your grinds not too harsh, that the pads are set up PERFECTLY, and that you have a decent rim to run them on. :)

Im currently running Belaeys why Im waiting for my Heatsink Yellows to arrive.

I found it hard to get them to work right, but in the end I just changed the disc on the grinder and WOW!

They are working extremely well. I love love love them. And mine are worn at weird angles.

Ima going to be ordering some refills. The heatsinks might go on the front.......

• Like 2

I'd stick with the heatsinks, stick a decent grind on and you should have no troubles or buy a new rim and ride it smooth for a while with them. Yellows on a smooth rim in the dry is unbelievable, though when wet is LETHAL!

I'd stick with the heatsinks, stick a decent grind on and you should have no troubles or buy a new rim and ride it smooth for a while with them. Yellows on a smooth rim in the dry is unbelievable, though when wet is LETHAL!

yea in the wet they are mad they bite so much that it is too much i think well my heatsinks do anyway dont no what yours are like?