Karpiel Bike

strada1972

• 10 years later...

Dead thread I know, but an update on the Karpiel Trials bike mythology.  This is for sure a Monty as was already mentioned.  That being said, there were three trials bikes made in the early 2000s for trials rider Andrew Fulton, a Mod and two stock.  The first stock was more similar geometry to bikes that were currently in use, but the second one had a progressive geo spec, including a fairly long wheelbase.  The frames shared headtubes with their fellow Armageddon/Apocalypse/Disco/HillBilly products, and had particularly stiff rear ends.  Currently speaking with Andrew and will update with any more information that surfaces.  

Hi- I’m the original owner of that bicycle. It is indeed a Monty X-lite, 2000, which was originally a deep blue and painted by a hot-rod car painter in Southern California. 

I debuted this livery on the bike at the 2001 Motorama event in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. 

I’d be interested in buying it back if you’re ever looking to sell. The guy who painted it was a friend of mine who has since passed. 

HMU-
Andrew

biketrials@yahoo.com

2 hours ago, Graeme Pitts said:

Dead thread I know, but an update on the Karpiel Trials bike mythology.  This is for sure a Monty as was already mentioned.  That being said, there were three trials bikes made in the early 2000s for trials rider Andrew Fulton, a Mod and two stock.  The first stock was more similar geometry to bikes that were currently in use, but the second one had a progressive geo spec, including a fairly long wheelbase.  The frames shared headtubes with their fellow Armageddon/Apocalypse/Disco/HillBilly products, and had particularly stiff rear ends.  Currently speaking with Andrew and will update with any more information that surfaces.  

I know this is a dinosaur of a thread, but I was feeling reminiscent and decided to hunt down a few of my old bikes. The deep purple one you see above belonged to me, Andrew Fulton. I was riding professionally at the time, and Jan Karpiel agreed to make me some bikes and sponsor me at the Sea Otter Classic in 2000 (2001?).

While waiting for the frames to be manufactured, i had a friend repaint, and rebadge my previous years Monty under the Karpiel name.

This ride originated in Southern California, USA. Around 2003, I sold it to a coworker who was getting into trials, and it was stolen from his apartment.

Classic bike with all my old sponsors parts, from the Chris King headset, to the very worn out ATI grips— cool to see the decals I put on there still in place. I  remember choosing those SRAM stickers by the head tube because it reminded me of the hot wheels logo, and it complimented the hot-rod deep metallic purple paint job!

Hope you still have this relic!