7Th Round Venue Change Discuss

kevind

Hi guys,

The venue for the last round of the champoinship requires lots of money as it is an indoor bmx/skate park (same people new venue as last years indoor/outdoor fun event) The club cant afford what they require. The riders at the last round agreed, and a new/old venue will need to be found. I am going to be busy, work wise leading up to this so dont have a lot of time to source a new venue. We are welcome back to Bob Macgregor for the 9th October if you want. I dont mind where it is and will do the setup/entries as usual. Some comment as to where you want would help here. Only from those that intend to turn up please!!! On another note I do hopefully have a new indoor venue for next year but not ready till next year.

Entry form a few posts down!

Edited by kevind

Hello Kevin, I heard about the change, and just to let you know, i think it should be held at Bobbies, and I will be there...sober and riding! (Y) Could you give me the date for the next comp please? When is the 7th round?

Johny

Edited by JohnyMilton

So the report alien abduction is over. Where you been? The 9th October will be the last round this year.

Yeah it's over, they left my arse like a yawning hippo's mouth!

I'm living in the borders now, but kept quite, a few things to deal with!

The 9th :S I have a race that date...I think! Any comps this month?

Hi Guys,

Bob Macgregor it is then. (will try to get another couple of venues for next year, in talks with two at the moment) The venue has been booked today and I will get entry forms up tonight. I will ease up on Novice and inter sections this time and I have an idea for a good few new sections so they are not repeated. Championship trophies will be awarded after the event. Two classes have been won and two have still to be decided. I would like entries in before the event please as makes the morning a bit less hectic. As usual I will be there from Saturday mid morning to set up and stay over. All welcome?

Kevin

Hi Guys,

Bob Macgregor it is then. (will try to get another couple of venues for next year, in talks with two at the moment) The venue has been booked today and I will get entry forms up tonight. I will ease up on Novice and inter sections this time and I have an idea for a good few new sections so they are not repeated. Championship trophies will be awarded after the event. Two classes have been won and two have still to be decided. I would like entries in before the event please as makes the morning a bit less hectic. As usual I will be there from Saturday mid morning to set up and stay over. All welcome?

Kevin

Johnathon will be there! Drop me an email with entry forms, please!

• 4 weeks later...

said he would decide later in the week and you could get a lift from his if he was. I think AJ is wanting to ride. Better strenghten that wrist!! wheel is straight as it can be but has a lovely flat spot that is their to stay. Dont notice it when I am riding so nae problem big man.

Edited by kevind

We are off to set up and have a play in the rain, might be sunny on the west coast!!!! I know some of you cant make this weekend so, thanks for your support of SBTC in its first year. Hope you enjoyed the ones you could attend and sorry for the few alterations along the way. Hopefully next year will be bigger and better and I know from the ems I am getting that we should have a few younger riders swelling the primary and novice class. I know some of the riders in these groups will be moving up and look forward to a bigger inter class next year. I have a better understanding of section layout and level now so it should be a easier year in the middle groups. Post up results when I get back and overall champ results.

In the mean time any constructive ideas for next year would be most welcome. Web page for next year should be soon. Always on the lookout for new venues for next year to keep it fresh.

So far:

1 Kinlochleven (Saturday), weekend of the world motorbike trial champs so you can go on the Sunday to it? Middle of the year so better weather.

2 Two at Bob Macgregors.

3 World Downhill weekend again if its on. (Saturday)

4 Provisional indoor/outdoor venue in Edinburgh?

Thats 5 for now. Could do with venue around Stirling/ Perth area and down the Borders somewhere?

Kevin