7Th Round Venue Change Discuss

kevind

Wet and windy for the last one! It did dry up and the wind settled as the day went on. I will post up final standings asap and well done to the first ever Scottish champions.

Primary: Simon Duke

Novice: Aaron Duke

Intermediate: Lewis Munro

Expert: Ross McArthur.

Thanks to all the observers and well done to the new riders that came along. Three laps of six sections, and although the layout of the sections was abit easier the mud and the weather still took a lot of marks. There was some great battles through out the day in each class.

Thanks to Bob Macgregor trials park for allowing us to run the last event at short notice. It supplied the usual great sections and sevices all day. It is open all year and makes a great practice venue for those winter weekends with no comps. The heated buildings with hot water made a big difference through out the day.

Thanks to Danny Mac for doing the awards and taking so much time with the younger riders, it made their day and a great end of year.

Edited by kevind

Results and end of year champoinship. See you all next year. Me and the boyz are going to last round of British if anybody wants to come along. Going down on Saturday and camping in van near venue.

Hi kev, i only dropped 13 yesterday not 20!!. mike made a mistake at some point which he said would be sorted. 7/4/2 was my laps.

i know it doesn't matter but i always like things being spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

We are off to set up and have a play in the rain, might be sunny on the west coast!!!! I know some of you cant make this weekend so, thanks for your support of SBTC in its first year. Hope you enjoyed the ones you could attend and sorry for the few alterations along the way. Hopefully next year will be bigger and better and I know from the ems I am getting that we should have a few younger riders swelling the primary and novice class. I know some of the riders in these groups will be moving up and look forward to a bigger inter class next year. I have a better understanding of section layout and level now so it should be a easier year in the middle groups. Post up results when I get back and overall champ results.

In the mean time any constructive ideas for next year would be most welcome. Web page for next year should be soon. Always on the lookout for new venues for next year to keep it fresh.

So far:

1 Kinlochleven (Saturday), weekend of the world motorbike trial champs so you can go on the Sunday to it? Middle of the year so better weather.

2 Two at Bob Macgregors.

3 World Downhill weekend again if its on. (Saturday)

4 Provisional indoor/outdoor venue in Edinburgh?

Thats 5 for now. Could do with venue around Stirling/ Perth area and down the Borders somewhere?

Kevin

World trials round isn't being held at fort william this year kev. Hopefully will have a working bike by next year and will be able to make it to more comps.

World trials round isn't being held at fort william this year kev. Hopefully will have a working bike by next year and will be able to make it to more comps.

Hi David. Yup, I saw that not long after I posted. No British at Kinlochleven either. Gary Mac mentioned there still maybe something at Fort William but we will need to wait and see. Once the British dates go up I will post up our dates. It will be good to see you at some more events.

Hi David. Yup, I saw that not long after I posted. No British at Kinlochleven either. Gary Mac mentioned there still maybe something at Fort William but we will need to wait and see. Once the British dates go up I will post up our dates. It will be good to see you at some more events.

Could we not just invade the nevis range for a weekend? Sure they wont mind to much.