Tyke Trial Club Championship - Round 7

TykeTrial

The seventh and final round of the Tyke Trial club championship will take place in a few weeks, on Sunday 6th November. Although we had planned to hold this at Lee Mill Quarry, we are currenty looking into a venue change for this round, so although we want to make you aware of the event, and entry forms are available, please don't enter until we have confirmed the venue. We will let club members know by email (with an entry form attached) as well as putting the venue information up on the site.

This is our last event of the season, so it would be great to see as many faces as possible before the winter break!

• 2 weeks later...

As specially requested by observers who were fed-up of standing in the wind and torrential rain at the top of Lee Mill Quarry, the final venue of the year has been moved to Branshaw Quarry at Oakworth, near Keighley. Ok, it rained there last time, but at least there is some shelter from the wind and it's not on top of the moors!

And it's an excellent, ever-changing venue with big rocks, and sections for all abilities.

So, even though it's late, get your entries off as soon as possible - you can enter online now from the events page. If for some reason you can't do it online or get it off in the post on time, please send your name, age and class by either emailing trial_entry@biketrialuk.co.uk or by text or call to 07850 505298.

As a special end of year event, why not bring along a few friends to have a go at comps? For this last event there will be no day membership fee, and no charge for on-the-day entries (although please don't wait, do it now if you can then we can prepare).

Hope to see you all there on 6th November!

Really great day! Thought the sections in Elite were pretty much perfect, very fun and challenging and hard enough to give Carthy a few points. All in all, great venue, great weather, good crack, brilliant day.

Big thanks to Barbara and everyone who made the day happen :)

Brett

• Like 1

Was a good event, I wasn't quite used to the mud which is my excuse for falling off so much, still managed to have a good time.

Cheers to all the observers and a big thanks to the guy that picked my bike off me on section 2 when I went flying, looking forwards to seeing the video of that!

Cap

• Like 1

I also enjoyed it, it brought back lots of memories, I practically spent all of my teen years in some kind of quarry either competing or just having a good ride.

I am happy with my win in Expert, I would have liked to have ridden Elite, but I don't think I could have got out of any of those sections, they would have been hard even in my full on competition riding like I used to be!

Cap was entertaining!

Thanks to Barbara and co for all the effort in organising these events!

• Like 2

Sounds like it was a great event. I've been to watch a couple in the past year. I noticed from their old results they had an over 30's class/award. Does anyone know if they still have this? I've never competed,but if they did, i'd fancy a go at dabbing my way round :blink:

Thanks for the info Ben. Sadly i'm a billy no mates, when it comes to trials. Maybe a few 30+ riders will pick up on this chat and be tempted. Hopefully sooner rather than later... I'm nearer 40 so I may not have a couple of years... .. :S