£67 For A Fixie/ss

JT!

Just a cheap bike for the sake of having a bike really, odd shop run, pick up the mail. Seeing as though I can't afford to fork out $2k on a surly snowbike.

Seem like it'd be good for some long term slow upgrading to something kind of decent.

It'll probably be fine for stuff like that but don't expect it to last long as far as hubs, BB etc. are concerned, especially if it is left outside or is exposed to the elements lots. For that much you can't really go far wrong though. Even if you resell it in a couple of months you could probably ask for like $50-$75.

• 4 weeks later...

I lol'd, the frameset colour scheme doesn't go with the wheels at all... They could've made it sorta work if it was a light purple frame, silver chainring with silver pedals/cranks. Black seat, black grips. Silver handlebars/stem.

If you're going wacky on just one part of the bike, you've got to do the rest of the bike otherwise it just looks lame.

But they could have pulled the look off by using everything black but the rims in one colour.

The ride will probably be shit and break down after a week...

I think itll ride like a tank with square wheels driving though sand/sludge, steer well clear, also im pretty sure you have a vague knowledge of bikes so all ull be doing is getting angry at how shoddy itll be. my friend recently spent £200 on a fixie and compared to mine it feels dam horrible

I think itll ride like a tank with square wheels driving though sand/sludge, steer well clear, also im pretty sure you have a vague knowledge of bikes so all ull be doing is getting angry at how shoddy itll be. my friend recently spent £200 on a fixie and compared to mine it feels dam horrible

I think you would only notice the difference if you rode a more expensive first. If this is the first fixed he's getting, he doesn't have any to compare it to so might not feel odd or horrible. But for £67, as already mentioned, don't expect it to last long!

Certainly don't bother building it up over time with better components either, if I got that I would ride it till it dies and only replace things like inner tubes.

• 1 year later...