Onza Zoot Or Inspired Element

Conradm94

I want to get my first trials bike and i want a 24". is the zoot a good bike or should i break the bank (im 17 so i dont have much money.) and get the element. apart from the obvious things, disc breaks etc, is the element worth it? please help..

cheers. also if anyone has a second hand element or fourplay and would like to sell it, could you please contact me? thanks.

Hey, I also have this question! (I wasn't sure where to post as I'm not really a beginner so to speak)

Looking at moving to 24" as it seems to be more flowing than traditional trials, but I'm only 16 so haven't really got much money. I'm working saturdays and saving up for a bike! For me it is between the element and the zoot, but I'm really not sure. Would maybe have to go used to save myself some money, but I haven't seen any second hand elements - only Inspired Fourplay's, so I'm guessing this is the one to have? But it's so much more expensive and I know I can't afford it!

Secondly, is the Element worth it's ridiculous price tag? I've looked on tartybikes and the Element has pretty much the same spec as an Onza Zoot, however the Onza is a little lighter, higher BB rise, and not to mention being almost half the price; BUT an ever so slightly longer wheelbase (would prefer shorter!) and has a front V-Brake rather than disc.

Are there any noticable differences in parts or the way they ride? If anyone could review them it would help a lot! Any help is much appreciated!!

P.S. Why are Inspired's soooo expensive?! LOL

The inspired is an all round better bike. The frame and forks are a lot stronger and of course it has disc brake on the front which kinda a must have. Also the element has sealed bearings which is fantastic and it is a very good bike even for the high price tag. I'd recommend a second hand element. Just bide your time till you find a second hand one. Cus if you really like the sport you would have to upgrade the zoot pretty quickly if you got into trials. I'm not 100% sure... But go for the element. :)

Although I've done trials on and off for a few years, I've ridden one or two 24" bikes and they're a completely different feel. If I went for a 24" I'd go with the cheapest second hand one I could find (with a good condition), most likely a Zoot.

If you like the feel then stick with it, upgrade it, or even go further and get an inspired.

If you feel like the wheel size are either too big/small you can go for a mod or stock.

Thanks a bunch :)

I've been riding my Mod for quite some time now, so I'm comfortable with traditional trials. I think the main thing is the geo change - I have a trials dealer near me and have tried the onza zoot and it seems radically different to my 20"! But after a while its pretty comfortable so I reckon I could do it. Just a question of finding the right bike. I'd love an element, as after some research I've found it is actually much higher spec than a Zoot (just has cable brakes instead of hydraulic :)

After a while i'd probably change to hydraulic brakes, but is it worth me just going for a second hand Fourplay instead? But I've heard the Avid brakes on the Pro can be a little shabby and I'd be better off with Hope's (which evidently cost a bomb!). That or just put an HS33 on the rear?