Sponsership

edwards 99

You need to get good results/ Be a good rider/ be a good helpful person/ not put on a forum how do I get sponsered! Because no company is going to sponser someone that is just expecting free bikes.

na im not expecting free bikes it would be nice but its just i want to be sponsered by any company really

Can people please learn to spell sponsor/sponsored/sponsorship?!

• Like 2

Maybe, but sponsorship is all about how you put yourself across.

Sweet work shooting yourself in the foot (Y)

7 mistakes in a 12 word 'sentence'. Are you trying to break a new record? Perhaps the publicity might help you get sponsored.

Seriously though, why do you want to be sponsored? Just for free shit/bragging rights?

As i can understand people with what they are saying i don't care if they cant spell things right. also i know ryan and he's always helping me and others out and teaches me knew thing or better techniques and tips. I didnt know much about bikes and fixing them and hes always helped me fix anything on my bike if i needed it. Also considering his age and everything he is a good rider, definitely one of the best in the group of people he normally rides with.

• Like 1

As i can understand people with what they are saying i don't care if they cant spell things right. also i know ryan and he's always helping me and others out and teaches me knew thing or better techniques and tips. I didnt know much about bikes and fixing them and hes always helped me fix anything on my bike if i needed it. Also considering his age and everything he is a good rider, definitely one of the best in the group of people he normally rides with.

All well and good, but Ryan asked a question and several people who know the process very well have chimed in and pulled the fact that he writes like a moron. Whether or not you believe it's right, a potential sponsor will care about how you put yourself across in the community you have access to - that means here and not just in the 10 people you ride with. Would the company you're planning to ride from let spelling mistakes and shit grammar into their marketing material? No, so why would they support (either in a pay cheque or parts or whatever) someone who presented themselves badly - don't forget that sponsorship is just marketing for the company.

think its rude to take piss out of people that cant spell wy do people take joy in belittling people would expect more of a forum where supposed to help each other

It's not taking the piss because it's basically their choice to be lazy. You're using a computer which can very easily be configured to include spell-checkers that highlight mistakes and give you the options of what you actually wanted to say. It's not rocket science. It also has nothing to do with belittling anyone because at the end of the day being able to form proper sentences, having attention to detail etc. will help in real situations like applying for jobs or whatever. Sure it may be a bit anal for a biketrials forum made up primarily of teenagers but (apart from being in the guidelines) most people do make an effort and being lazy when posting means that people are less likely to be helpful and will not respond in the way you hope.

I actually think this side of things may actually help people more in the long run than just telling someone how to join a chain or set bar angle...

Well, I just noticed that the other sponsorship thread includes the same mistake twice in the title. I'm not going to count further.^^

Really? I didn't even notice :rolleyes::P

All well and good, but Ryan asked a question and several people who know the process very well have chimed in and pulled the fact that he writes like a moron. Whether or not you believe it's right, a potential sponsor will care about how you put yourself across in the community you have access to - that means here and not just in the 10 people you ride with. Would the company you're planning to ride from let spelling mistakes and shit grammar into their marketing material? No, so why would they support (either in a pay cheque or parts or whatever) someone who presented themselves badly - don't forget that sponsorship is just marketing for the company.

I dislike you.

I actually think this side of things may actually help people more in the long run than just telling someone how to join a chain or set bar angle...

Sure, his spelling could be better but being able to spell well and using grammar isn't as useful as helping someone fix a problem or teaching them something new. he can spell bad and you can still understand him but if someone's bike has broken and they can't ride and he then helps them to fix it and carry on riding i think that is more helpful and will help whoever he helps out in the long run too because they are learning something new.

The purpose of English (notice the capital 'e' there) lessons is so that you can successfully use it in real world situations, like on forums.

This takes being anal about spelling and grammar to a new level :giggle:

Edited by BurlyBox

I dislike you.

For taking a massive, steaming dump all over your point?

its not my fault im not a a star in english it a forum site,

cheers man (Y)

I don't know how many time's this needs to be said: YOU'RE ON A COMPUTER, THERE ARE NO EXCUSES BECAUSE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD TOOLS TO HELP YOU TO COME ACROSS AS THE, (most likely), DECENT HUMAN BEING YOU ARE, INSTEAD OF A COMPLETE RETARD.

Sure, his spelling could be better but being able to spell well and using grammar isn't as useful as helping someone fix a problem or teaching them something new. he can spell bad and you can still understand him but if someone's bike has broken and they can't ride and he then helps them to fix it and carry on riding i think that is more helpful and will help whoever he helps out in the long run too because they are learning something new.

This takes being anal about spelling and grammar to a new level :giggle:

As I said the first time - he's asking for sponsorship. If a company wanted to market to the 10 people Ryan rides with then they'd probably just email them. What a sponsor will want is for their products and company to be represented on as large a scale as possible for the money. One of the many parts of that is right here on Trials Forum.

What I'm saying isn't opinion - it's fact that a company would rather sponsor someone who could represent them on a forum well than someone who couldn't. All the trials manufacturers have a massive choice of riders to choose from, so if doing something simple like downloading a spelling & grammar addon for your browser FOR FREE could give you the edge and a better chance of sponsorship, you'd be a retard not to take it.

• Like 1

if it mean that much to you about spelling ill change a e to a o if that means that much to you

Please tell me you don't actually think they're all referring to that one mistake?

It's more the horde of others surrounding that one that raised the issue, the one in the title was used for humors sake.

Edited by aener