Sponsership

edwards 99

so you've suspended his account because he struggles to spell? plus i know im not him but i never download anything from places i dont know and so i wouldnt download anything just because some people on a forum about bikes (which has no relation to spelling and grammar and therefore it shouldnt even cause a problem unless the posts are unreadable) that i dont know get hot-headed about spelling and grammar.

He's been suspended because his attitude sucks.

I think the funniest thing about when people want to know how to get sponsored is they don't even think about it from the other end. If you were a business owner, would you sponsor noobs and people just wanting free shit or would you sponsor well-established people in the community that have results and are professional?

And like everybody on here said, spelling, grammar and punctuation go a long way in presenting yourself as a sell-able commodity. If looking for a job (which is what sponsorship is btw), would you not take care in making sure all words are spelled correctly on your resume? If so....well, you have a long way to go. Not just in finding a sponsor, but in life in general.

Edited by rupintart

By the looks of things the majority of people in the thread are a bunch of assholes that need to get the fact he has trouble spelling, i was in alot of his classes at school and i would help him spell words and i also know that its not his laptop that he uses to come on here so he isn't going to be downloading programs/extensions to correct his spelling.

Ryan is an amazing rider and there is no reason why he shouldn't get sponsored.

also i personally think alot of you are a bunch of tosser's that need to grow up

and you can ban me suspend me or whatever i honestly don't care, your all pathetic.

• Like 2

This topic went a bit off topic and i think people were being a bit OTT in my opinion, so I'm just going to try and steer it back the right way and add my advice.

Sponsorship is all about not what you can get from a sponsor (cheap parts, free bike, a holiday to Barbados) It's all about why they should help you and how sponsoring you will help them

At the end of the day you've got to treat it like business. They're only going to put money into you if they cant get a return. How will you sell them more bikes (example) how will sponsoring you help their image and make them look good.

It's all good saying, and being, a good rider (not aimed directly at you, just in general) but unless you’re a monster street rider that visibly makes them go wow! and has 10000000 videos views or are a comp rider who's results make them go wow by having 15 world titles - you’re going to have to work hard to justify support and prove your marketable.

^^ Bit of an extreme example for "high end" sponsorship's but you get the jist

:)

* Didnt really keep track of the topic once it all went pear shaped - On the spelling side of things. It doesn’t bother me too much, but a little bit of advice to stop all this happening again, once you've written what you want to write in here, copy and paste it all into Microsoft word and use that spell checker (never noticed the spell checker on here)*

By the looks of things the majority of people in the thread are a bunch of assholes that need to get the fact he has trouble spelling, i was in alot of his classes at school and i would help him spell words and i also know that its not his laptop that he uses to come on here so he isn't going to be downloading programs/extensions to correct his spelling.

Ryan is an amazing rider and there is no reason why he shouldn't get sponsored.

also i personally think alot of you are a bunch of tosser's that need to grow up

and you can ban me suspend me or whatever i honestly don't care, your all pathetic.

Someone get this boy his tampons!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...