Green Inspired Skye

chris4stars

Well, here it is!! Finally finished and riding a treat...love it, its unbelievably stiff and feels more at home on the front wheel that i could have imagined.

the pictures dont show how the green changes depending on the light, at times its almost leaf green (for want of a better description)...the photos make it look like a yellowish green and its not really like that?!

doesnt do it justice but ah well :)

additional parts to the skye spec are:

black hope bar ends (mr marshall, i agree the little details do count ;))

team green dials on the hope tech levers (thankyou stoozie still for your kind offer)

carbon hub spacers on the rear (thanks mark w)

carbon frame protector - come on, looks aside, youre going to protect it arent you?!

saint cranks

custom green paint job (thankyou to orange bikes for doing that for me despite the rules! and jamie williams for the time spent on photoshop helping me decide)

huge thanks to the girlfriend who helped with pretty much every aspect of the build and is probably sick of shades of green, bidding on hope equipment at the late hours of night whilst im at work, and helping massively with the financial side of things :) thanks em

another big thanks to tarty for the advice on all areas and all of you forum guys on the numerous posts, luke for decals efforts etc etc...been a massive help

399563_991245449621_61007549_45983681_36575303_n.jpg

394500_991245674171_61007549_45983682_1252155762_n.jpg

380389_991245808901_61007549_45983683_96861590_n.jpg

405238_991245878761_61007549_45983684_867466717_n.jpg

378414_991246113291_61007549_45983685_1181337876_n.jpg

386207_991246302911_61007549_45983686_987845932_n.jpg

402881_991246442631_61007549_45983687_1707260654_n.jpg

388425_991246562391_61007549_45983688_1956277416_n.jpg

405233_991246657201_61007549_45983689_530758125_n.jpg

389532_991245319881_61007549_45983679_1589851254_n.jpg (she wanted a mention with all her help with it!)

Edited by chris4stars
  • Like 10

I only really found Nitromors stung when it was reacting with paint - if it was just on it's own it always felt fine. I've also stripped an Inspired before though, so I feel your pain. That quarter-way-through "Why did I think this was worth it?" moment sucks, haha.

Bike looks cool though, looking forward to seeing the finished version!

keep it raw, what colour you going for? or is it a secret...

going for boldish green - how it'll come out exactly im unsure, but the limey greens against black that you often see on all sorts of things i think looks really good :)

I only really found Nitromors stung when it was reacting with paint - if it was just on it's own it always felt fine. I've also stripped an Inspired before though, so I feel your pain. That quarter-way-through "Why did I think this was worth it?" moment sucks, haha.

Bike looks cool though, looking forward to seeing the finished version!

cheers :) i had that midway through the forks - a moment where i wondered if a orange frame and black forks would suffice! had i not found the old stuff id i was close to caving in. with some vigourous brushing i had a bit splash on the corner of my eye today when i was finishing it off. s**t that hurt! i havnt moved that fast running to a cold tap for a good while

Just make sure it doesn't end up just looking like a Team ;)! Still think you're a wee bit mad...

when looking for the colour, part of me was tempted to contact inspired and ask if they could do the frame and forks in the team colour! they are very nice....but then i figure that was an easy way out and wasnt quite what i wanted, a little too neon :)

thanks to the other comments, lets hope a colour doesnt ruin it! :D

The raw looks pretty good actually. I still think that spending that much on a freaking trials bike and to go do that to it is madness! End result better be good then! Are the 'bars fitted to the Skye any different to the 'other' Inspired bars? They look higher to me :S

had an blue inspired fourplay for 2 years and it was still in good condition to look at...im not much of a basher so whatever i do to it will last?! so to me, it is worth it - i wasnt a fan of the orange so anything would be better

looking at it another way, if youre going to spend 2k+ on a bike, why not having it look exactly how you want for the effective price of a pint every 2 weeks (if i keep it for 2 years say)....the nicer looking bike gives me a decent amount of satisfaction to make it worth while :)

good observation there...they are higher, same rise as the TT highrise bars

I wish I could be bothered to respray mine, but as soon as I get home and open up that box there's only one thing I'm doing and that's riding it!! (after assembly :ermm: )

Fair play though! I don't know why people think you're mad for spraying a 2k + bike.. You aren't just paying for the orange paint when you buy this bike!!

Looks nice, done a good job of getting the colour off!

Had to reply, as I feel your pain on the new stuff... what a load of rubbish, I got a tin none the wiser to the "new and improved forumla" and felt there was something up when the small sting from opening the tin wasn't there!

And Nitromors is like pringles, once you start you can't stop... what a killer haha!

if you've still got the "new stuff" take it back to the shop... I used about a lid full and took it back to B&Q with no probs, and luckily found a tin of the old stuff in my mums garage!

keep up the good work

Cheers

I can't wait to see this thing in the flesh. As others I don't think you're mad at all. It's such an incredible bike, and you want it your particular way so why the hell not. When ever I get one, i'd like to think I'd be as brave as you but the last time I did my current Inspired it seemed a nightmare compared to the original time, which I've now learned is due to the shittymours, and you certainly seem to have had your work cut out.

When do you reckon you'll be out riding it?

lots of votes to keep it raw! didnt expect that....

thanks again for the comments, was hard work but as the scrubs line captured perfectly "nothing worth having comes easy!"

well, as much as i agree about keeping it - it does look pretty cool, raw just isnt me. so the frame and forks have been sent off earlier today to get painted and fingers crossed should be with me in 2/3 weeks depending on when they get a chance to do them.

may not end up as everyones cup of tea but it'll def be my ultimate bike in the end (as the orange was for danny im sure?!)