Green Inspired Skye

chris4stars

Haha im definitely not I'm afraid, the fourplay before this was a prized toy...had it for two years with no intention of swapping it for anything other than this

As for replicating the bike on less of a budget, well no, i dont think you can with the feel of it...when you ride it, it's apparent how different it is to the fourplay, with the forks at he mo standing out being stiffer than anything I've tried. The special extras (and even just the 'basics' of the original bike) do give it something extra that make it so much nicer to ride...it's all psychological, but it still helps.

I really didn't need the green dials, but each time I look at them I smile and think how cool it all is...and then enjoy riding it just that little bit more

why else do so many of us put so much emphasis on what colour parts to get?! Probs a similar reason I guess :) I'm pretty lucky either way and loving it, thanks for the comments

Edited by chris4stars

i must say i spent alot of time trying to think about anything i would change on this amazing machine and the only thing i could think of was the seat height :lol: (slam it by about 3/4 of an inch)

such a perfect bike though i bet your so pleased with it.. money well spent!!

also i know this has already been asked but does anybody know if it is going to be possible at any time in the near future to purchase the skye forks seperately? i'd really like a set of properly strong forks with a nice beefy 20mm axle, dont care about the price tag, it would be worth it just for the extra peace of mind / confidence when going for anything big or riding dirtjumps (which is awesome fun on a 24) knowing that my front end is pretty rigid!

Edited by onzamartin

• 4 weeks later...
Edit; While you're here, Chris, did you ever sort the graphics for your Skye at all?

Edit; Oh, you've gone again. Never mind :P

ta for asking - opted to keep the frame clean...ive got used to it now and any more logos may feel like overkill?! absolutely loving it...just feel like its opened up a load of new potential (completely the wrong thread for this!)

We'll chat about it in here then instead :P

I'm undecided on if it'd be too much or not, but it does look really clean without any. Perhaps just an Inspired logo on the downtube at some point once it picks up a few scratches!

Riding as you expected/hoped then, I presume?

Word. Was a bit gutted when the Inspired sticker kits dried up. I used to just steal all the big logos from the sticker sheets Stan had for his frame that he hid down the side of his desk after my white sticker sheet got used once I'd changed frame colour for the millionth time. Sssssssnake.

i toyed with the idea at first.....will see how it fairs as and when it does scratch! which, seems to not be any time soon, the paint job orange did is amazing...still looks as good as new and ive amounted a good few hours already - will write my own little review so far

EDIT* looking at the bike mark posted - if i was to get anything, it would perhaps be a similar black inspired around the headtube - i think that looks awesome! the carbon frame protector kindof adds that 'something' to it already though...

the ride took a while to get used to, of all things i thought the rear disk would be what would take most time getting used to, but it was actually really no issue at all. i had minor worries that the on/off of the brake would be sluggish campared to a hs33 and make the takeoff from gaps/minor adjustments etc awkward. it really wasnt...hold is amazing, and it feels like it forces you to be a smoother rider? its strange

the frame is amazing...bunnyhops to rear took a little getting used to, had to re-learn my technique and feel much better of it. always felt that when i bunny hopped the fourplay, (probs due to me using a bad technique leaning back alot) it was all too easy for the front to go high making almost everything an 'up to rear'. found that at first i had a few near misses with the front wheel not lifting nearly high enough and me going straight into the wall

everything on the front is alot better than anything ive tried...its opened up a world of front wheel moves i never thought possible, just seems really at home...and i love the solid feel when you do anything that involves landing on the front

that did take a bit of getting used to though - the bike is solid, and at first felt really stiff and unforgiving...everything just seemed to be transfered straight to me. its hard to explain as its not like the fourplay was spongey!

the bike is very short too, to the point your foot will easily hit the front wheel if its slips forward for whatever reason...spinny stuff though, especially the difference in spinning about the front wheel is great.

on the rear its very stable, much more so than the fourplay was IMO - trials moves are much nicer, gaps/sidehops etc have been easily bigger with this bike.

this could be partly psychological because i am very much taken by it :P the gf does get worried...and also im only 5'10 so a shorter bike may help, but for me its a big step forward and has almost made me feel like im cheating when i learn...like the bike is making everything so much eaier than it actually is

still....others dont need to know that! all in all, would happily recommend it (and then some) to anyone

Edited by chris4stars

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...