Csc Rim Brakes

dart89

Hello everyone, these days I'm testing a new type of check by the CSC Chinese brand ..... here are some pictures and short video of the assembly and how it works!

photos

I hope you can see them on my FB account, here I put a photo of the complete brake

384896_2711575984480_1109293336_33067621_426278204_n.jpg

• Like 3

how would you twist the slaves with integrated mounts? for instance would they not need to be at slightly different angles on each size rim, 19, 20 or 26 for the entire pad to touch the rim? or not have a corner of the pad rub on the tyre

just a theory, someone correct me of im wrong

how would you twist the slaves with integrated mounts? for instance would they not need to be at slightly different angles on each size rim, 19, 20 or 26 for the entire pad to touch the rim? or not have a corner of the pad rub on the tyre

just a theory, someone correct me of im wrong

Looks like rather than twisting the whole slave you twist the extra silver bit that holds the pad, then bolt it back into place. Looks nicely simple. Bet it's light too.

please wait loading a demo video that I made, I think the video is well understand the operation and also the adjustment!

the weight is 230g for the complete rear brake plus screws, washers and pads!

the weight is similar to the ECHO TR, but the CSC has a heavier pump ...... I'll try to put a pump HS33 (I have at home) on CSC slaves, I hope that works and I hope to gain weight ;)

Today I tested the brakes on a surface inclined at 45 °, the wheel remains locked and I was very happy with the result (considering that I'm using a 38mm rim Alex and then the minimum, not grinded from a bit of time!)

the brake supports rim from 38 up to 47mm!

Edited by dart89

Another thing, are they going to have the little indent on the piston which holds the pad on?

By the looks of the pictures, they dont have it.

Thanks for asking!

this is the problem, the piston is free to move, is not linked to the slave by springs, if it had an indent when you take the pad also remove the piston behind it.

However this is not a problem as it is currently constructed on the brake!

if i put the lever HS33 on CSC slaves, if I manage to get a higher return of the piston, then i should change the attachment of the pad (probably with an o-ring, in this case the cnc backing pads are better!)

I'm glad that you have many questions, the brake is still not on the market, if you have suggestions may be taken into consideration! ;)

There seem to be quite a few downsides to this setup that sort of outweigh any possible plus points to it.

I think changing to a TR lever might be a bad thing too - different piston sizes for a start, plus you'd be changing it from an open to a closed system so you'd be losing the auto-adjust sort of feature?