Csc Rim Brakes

dart89

doesn't look confusing to me, that lever looks smart from what i saw too :) at least we know the pads return to an extent, why everyone was going mad about a product thats not really been introduced yet is beyond me, wait till there's some folk testing it, then get angry...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like a very clever design. I agree a simple closed system would be more suitable for a rim brake. Interestingly, I can see on Taobao.com that a couple of retailers are already selling the CSC rim brake and the master in the photo looks like a closed system:

csc_rim_brake.png

That's the only picture I found with that type of lever. The Taobao page can be found here, I don't know if it's accessible outside China though.

• 3 weeks later...

The original price of 660 yuan each, the promotion of 10% discount price of 594 yuan a, gave Taiwan Origin Super wear one pair of brake pads.More integrated with the patented design calipers. The fall in your lap. Support seven days no reason to return.

33 force 1.5 times the promotion period is almost 33 half the price of only 10. Feel ultralight, index finger calluses Terminator.Quickly captured, the owner will be the first time to change the price, within 12 hours of payment expired. Each person is a. The end of the period, while stocks last.

Brand: CSC

Of Model: XGN (new concept) -66

7 days unconditional return, one-year warranty and free maintenance (maintenance for the oil change, cleaning

Installation Instructions

This is a one freestyle unprecedented oil brake caliper cylinder, it one of the free piston, can be replaced at any time rebound structure, compact and rugged form factor, the quality of the world's lightest, smallest volume in the world, applicable from 38mm to 48mm wide rims. This brake maintenance is extremely convenient, and can easily pull out the cylinder piston seals as standard parts can be easily replaced.

Special Note : Do not vigorously pinch the hand brake is not installed prior to the car. The consequences of the fierce knob brake piston will be squeezed out, please be careful.

1: first handle mounted to the cross on. The left and right cylinder by screws directly fixed to the frame. ( screw around, move, in order to adapt to the different width rims.)

2: adjust the angle of the cylinder head and tighten the two screws fixed head angle.

3: screw head through the handle to adjust the distance of the finger.

4: red screw to adjust the brakes hard and soft.

5: experience, you are the world's first batch of users .

So theyve gone to a closed system?

That should mean the slave pistons should return further, which is sweet!

Hopefully the spring in the lever unit is powerful enough to offer a good brake feel, to over come not having springs in the slaves.

The levers are very 04esque too, which is always a good thing :P

Edited by Echo Lite 09

• 5 weeks later...

So if you don't use CSC pads you can't use those little springs and then you'll have an terribly slow pad respond?

Thats more for pad retention if anything.

I think I read that the pistons in the slaves aren't retained within the body like a magura's are. They can be pulled straight out, with only vacuum pressure retaining them.

The springs hold the pad against the piston, so they return with the piston.

I'd quite like to see the lever unit sold on its own so people could run it on magura slaves.

The concept is good, but with the likes of washerless clamps such as the TR's, TNNs, Try-Alls etc... is now easier than ever to get a perfectly set up brake.

I dont like the idea of pistons/slaves that require the use of specific pads either though.

Integrated clamps/slaveswith an integrated piston with the conventional method of pad retention and sprung return as per magura/echo slaves would be miles better.

Magura/ Echo still tick the box for me in terms of what works and what I want.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

So if you don't use CSC pads you can't use those little springs and then you'll have an terribly slow pad respond?

The only difference between CSC pads and any other pad is CSC come with a little hole so that the spring can go through. I tested the brake for a month (on the rear), and did the same to my Cousts and Tnn Belaeys in 5 minutes. Without the spring the brake still works practically the same, but as soon as you take the wheel off they will fall off.

bip

Yes, washerless clamps did ease the set up, but trust me when I say this is waaay easier and faster, since the only thing you have to do is the same as with a disc brake: screw, end.

Edit: here you can see a video testing the brake (rear wheel)

Edited by Paco_Perwin

What exactly is the springy retainer thing on the slave? Is it a piece of elastic material? I am sure it works but it looks like an afterthough. Since the slave pistons can be pulled out I imagine you need somthing to whole the slaves together while bleeding, and that's where the retainer comes in.

Otherwise I think this brake is a much better design than all other hydros. Why? because with normal hydros you need to apply undue compressive force to the slave in order to stop it slipping out away from the rim because it is held in place by means of friction. With the CSC brake you just need a couple of little retaining screws to stop the slave spinning. When you apply the brake the forces invovled will hardly cause the slave to rotate , so the retaining screws don't have to be big to do their job. This is very clever in my opinion.

• Like 1

What exactly is the springy retainer thing on the slave? Is it a piece of elastic material? I am sure it works but it looks like an afterthough. Since the slave pistons can be pulled out I imagine you need somthing to whole the slaves together while bleeding, and that's where the retainer comes in.

Otherwise I think this brake is a much better design than all other hydros. Why? because with normal hydros you need to apply undue compressive force to the slave in order to stop it slipping out away from the rim because it is held in place by means of friction. With the CSC brake you just need a couple of little retaining screws to stop the slave spinning. When you apply the brake the forces invovled will hardly cause the slave to rotate , so the retaining screws don't have to be big to do their job. This is very clever in my opinion.

But if your slaves are moving in your clamps, your doing something wrong.....

Added to that, should you snap a clamp on a regular hs33/echo setup, you just replace the clamps/source the half you need.

If you snap the CSC clamp, you have to buy a whole new slave/clamp unit, I'd imagine at more cost. Added to the fact that it will then need rebleeding too.

Again, more hassle for a brake that does the same job as a magura/echo brake.

• Like 1

It's a spring for pad return. If you're bleeding it, they seem to suggest using zip-ties to keep the pistons in place.

The bolt slots (I say 'slots' - 'chasms' would be more accurate) on the production ones look like a huge step backwards too...

• Like 2

Well, the function of the springs is mainly what Mark said: to help pad return. For bleeding, zip-ties/old pads avoid the piston from pulling out (pretty much like a disc brake).

The bolt slots (I say 'slots' - 'chasms' would be more accurate) on the production ones look like a huge step backwards too...

They are some pretty big holes indeed (thought it was a bit of a failure when first got the brakes); but on the other hand you get 2/3mm to play with. By the way, this never caused the slave/clamp unit to move, and I noticed the bolts needed to be tightened much less than on Magura mounts (any HS33 mounts I mean, tried ZHI's, Maguras, Try All's).

Also, I ve been using the brake for 2 and a half months now, no leaking, everything in place. It's just another option: the brake works as good as a well-setup Hs33 could; I say if you want a much easier setup, try this.