Tartybikes Website Update (Latest 29th Nov 2013)

AdamR28

Hello all,

We've been working away behind the scenes for a while now creating a custom bike builder. This tool will allow users to save, share, edit and send for approval custom bikes you have created using the system.

bike_builder_banner.jpg

If you go ahead and order the bike, you will also receive free bike assembly and 3% discount on the order (so if you want you can add some spares (tubes, helmet, gloves, etc) and get 3% off them too).

We've done a lot of testing but it's a fairly complex system so there are sure to be a couple of bugs - if you do find one, don't hesitate to let me know!

TartyBikes Bike Builder

Cheers,
Adam

• Like 6

Sam Kidney is gonna jizz in his pants when he see's this ahaha... " Mr Spec" as some people refer him to.

I suppose its a great thing to do so it gives you an idea for each detailed part for when building/designing.

3% Discount is a bit tight now surely? The only reason why i am saying is with me working in a bike shop myself dealing with big major brands like Scott, Ghost, Lappierre etc... We have a limit of what we go on for discount and of course lowest price when working out the vat etc...

Hopefully this should help in future for new customers and people looking to buy full builds.

Andy

3% Discount is a bit tight now surely? The only reason why i am saying is with me working in a bike shop myself dealing with big major brands like Scott, Ghost, Lappierre etc... We have a limit of what we go on for discount and of course lowest price when working out the vat etc...

3% is better than a kick in the balls right??? Be happy that there is a shop out there supplying such a great service, building the bike for FREE and then STILL giving you a discount..

• Like 4

Thanks for the comments - glad you have enjoyed using it!

Any chance you could have a filter in there so you can look for lightest stuff first etc?

It would be possible, but it's not something we had envisaged would be required (and it would be pretty complex to add in). You can always have the 'normal' website open in a separate tab (Y)

Personally I would say 3% is pretty reasonable, especially when the wheelbuilds and bike build are free too (about £100's worth). So, on your average £1000 build, that's about 13% discount effectively.

Also, when you say 'dealing with big major brands', that immediately means your experience is almost irrelevant (sorry if that came out harsh, it wasn't meant to! But that is the reality of it - trials stuff is nothing like normal MTB stuff when it comes to margins, distribution, pricing, etc).

Love it! There is a couple of things i have found.

You can not save if:

You choose the rockman frame kit with forks

You choose the pair of magura brakes

That was considered but it's just too difficult to write a system that would take care of every little idiosyncrasy like that unfortunately. We can manually sort the frame kit out, for the brakes you can purchase two singles.

3% is better than a kick in the balls right??? Be happy that there is a shop out there supplying such a great service, building the bike for FREE and then STILL giving you a discount..

Thanks dude!

You should make it so there is a picture at the end of the bike you just built (Y)

First reply:

Would be so cool to see the bike once you have selected all the parts!

I know this sounds hard and probably is but surely you can do it ;P

Yeah, we'd only have to build about a million (literally!) bikes and take photos of them all :P

Love the 'Bike Builder', I'll never have the money to buy a complete build in one go but for those who do I'm sure this is a handy feature!

Yeah, we'd only have to build about a million (literally!) bikes and take photos of them all :P

It'd be cool if there were some software out that'd let you guys take a picture of each individual component and then it could Photoshop whatever someone orders together into a picture..

Hello all,

We've been working away behind the scenes for a while now creating a custom bike builder. This tool will allow users to save, share, edit and send for approval custom bikes you have created using the system.

bike_builder_banner.jpg

If you go ahead and order the bike, you will also receive free bike assembly and 3% discount on the order (so if you want you can add some spares (tubes, helmet, gloves, etc) and get 3% off them too).

We've done a lot of testing but it's a fairly complex system so there are sure to be a couple of bugs - if you do find one, don't hesitate to let me know!

TartyBikes Bike Builder

Thats well cool idea, just one thing, could you not have done it like a wishlist (al la CRC) then the filter would have been easier?

Cheers,

Adam

Thats well cool idea, just one thing, could you not have done it like a wishlist (al la CRC) then the filter would have been easier?

I just went for every expensive part I could and managed a tasty £3200!

That is also cool when you think of how much a road bike/mtb built of the most expensive parts would be!

That is also cool when you think of how much a road bike/mtb built of the most expensive parts would be!

Exactly, I'm sure i've seen a frame that cost £9000 before. Trials is a fairly cheap hobby in comparison. Shame things tend to break more so it all adds up.

Nah mark, I don't think I explained it very well.

probably way too much effort but say for instance someone wants to build a bike using the bike builder, not with the current system but with my imaginary system:

They open the bike builder.

They go to the sections as normal, as in before the bike builder existed.

They click on the 'lightest first' option from the filter menu.

They click on the first product (obv the lightest although sometimes that isn't quite correct)

The product description comes up.

In the options marker section they tick the colour or whatever they want.

Then there are 2 buttons:

Add to basket

Add to bike

I'm pretty sure I need not explain these buttons.

When they press add to bike, if it is not compatible a message comes up warning that this is the case.

If the item is compatible the it adds it to the bike.

Although that sorta f**ks up the way the bike builder reminds you not to forget anything I spose.

Anyway I get the feeling i am talking shite

• Like 1