Tartybikes Website Update (Latest 29th Nov 2013)

AdamR28

• 2 weeks later...

Our January sale is in February. Why? Because nobody has any money in January and we want you to be able to take advantage of these great clearance bargains :) Everything has at least 30% off and some items are 75% off!

banner_clearance.jpg

Everything in this category is a case of 'when it's gone, it's gone', so don't hang about: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/clearance_bargains/c600.html

• 2 weeks later...

The compression tops, do they have any functionality as a baselayer for xc? Do they stand washing ok? Would the increased circulation likely help with my cold hands issue particularly on the trials bike?

edit: crap noticed you only have the short sleeve in small, that scuppers my plans!

edit2: more crap I was reading the shorts sizing guide in which I would take a small, the tops I would need a medium to large.

Edited by forteh

I actually have a long sleeve one I use almost exclusively for XC riding and love it. They wash well and I never have any issues with being cold, all I wear in any conditions is a set of bib shorts, compression top, shorts, t-shirt and gloves. I am generally a 'warm' person though.

The circulation benefits are fairly well documented I believe, could be worth a try - obviously don't try and squeeze yourself into a small though, haha. Skinz do a similar item which I'm sure the 'big boys' will carry.

• 2 years later...
On 4/21/2017 at 1:31 AM, Mark W said:

Just to let you all know, our new website is now live.  We hope you all like it :)

https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/

I loved browsing tarty for years... just clicked a banner on here to look around, spent 10 minutes attempting to get into it-  I'm shocked what a bummer it is now on mobile, hopefully it's ok on my computer... which I browse on 1% of the time. It's new and clean, but for example when you are looking at stems and you want to go to rims you have to scroll all the way up, then click the home page, then click the drop down menu, then click products menu, then click the product...before you just clicked the product you wanted from the left side of the screen. It was one easy click- now it's a video game boss amount of clicks to get to another product. Actually Just looked back- I guess you can go to something after scrolling way past the options for what product you are already inside, not intuitive and too much scrolling/touching the screen.

Honestly the home page had me confused initially, I thought I had gone to a wrong site- didn't even think you sold anything any more, just videos and articles.

Before you clicked rims and it showed 20 rims in a nice easy line, you could see them all at once- now each product takes the whole screen, never ending scrolling down, harder to compare the prices and what options you have...it's like a memory game now.

Not trying to be an asshole, just giving feedback on mobile. Maybe I'm just an old f**k, but f**k scrolling. I want the site to work for me, I don't want to work for the site. 

Double edit: I keep going back and attempting... it's like the products are hidden, not natural, went to some other trials sites which used to look shit ghetto to me and was relieved just to see easy basic left side products always there, and easy to see lists when I click them... fast fast fast experience buying, you guys have the fastest shipping somehow from thousands of miles away, hope I get used to it/ desktop is better.

Edited by AndyT

Andy - appreciate the feedback! I also hate having to get used to a new site... here's some info that may help:

- If you are on any 'category' page (eg. all stems, all rims, etc) the top bar is still there - hit the grey magnifying glass icon and the side menu appears. Hit the upward arrow that replaced it to hide the menu and come back to the products. No scrolling up and down necessary.

- There is also an up arrow in the bottom right that appears as soon as you start scrolling up, that will shunt you back to the top of the page if you need.

- We strongly feel that the site is much better for buying on mobile now when you know what you want, but I totally get what you're saying about the browsing aspect... Many people will just want to have a nosey at stuff rather than want to buy. This is much easier on the desktop site where you have a lot more screen area. The issue with the old site - for me - was that everything was way too small to see any sort of detail on mobile. I'll see if there is a way we can make a more 'shrunk down' version available for mobile - something like 4 or 6 items per page? Just basic details like a small photo, product brand / model, price and add to basket / options button?

Not taken as an asshole comment at all, it's very constructive - thanks for putting it forward in that way (Y)

Started looking at a secondary mobile layout that can be activated via the 'List View' option (defaults to 'grid view' as standard), which shows more items per page with stripped down info. I've just knocked this together quickly so the padding isn't optimised, but to give you an idea of what we're thinking... Would appreciate your thoughts Andy (and others who feel the same). Cheers!

mobile.thumb.jpg.d433756a02c2fd471d7f7324bd8b2822.jpg

Agreed. 

If you want a hand with some event tracking to see how people interact with the site though give me a shout. That's assuming you don't have things in place already!

• 3 weeks later...

Revised mobile list view layout is now live, as well as some tweaks to how the pages load especially when moving between product pages and list pages. We found it wasn't as intuitive as it should have been, sometimes punting you back into a different place.

Cheers JD - got some basic stats running which are enough for me, I'm not huge on stats etc. as you know!

• Like 2