Thing People Have Have Said To You While Riding?

Conradm94

lol!

can i ride it,

This makes me rage! You wouldn't go up to a stranger with a new iPhone say and ask if you could hold it and walk away a bit just to 'see if it was any good', and an iPhone is cheeper than most set ups I've run. I think all everyone that asks or has ever asked me that question should be castrated on sight to prevent them from passing on their riddiculously annoying traits through DNA. :angry:

• Like 1

This makes me rage! You wouldn't go up to a stranger with a new iPhone say and ask if you could hold it and walk away a bit just to 'see if it was any good', and an iPhone is cheeper than most set ups I've run. I think all everyone that asks or has ever asked me that question should be castrated on sight to prevent them from passing on their riddiculously annoying traits through DNA. :angry:

agreed, yesterday some randomer came up to me and asked if they could go on mine that i got last tuesday >.<

my mum always used to tell me

"youll break you bike again, bouncing round on that suspension"

on a rigid trials bike :D ha ha it was about 10 years ago thou

and last week an old feller, asked me for a lighter, then told me about his bro daz, then stared calling me daz, even after i said my name is dez about 3 times D:

then he said my mates got potential and we need to get on that internet thing

Edited by dezmtber

Best one up here in Bonnie Scotland, was my lads were out in the street with some mates and this crazy old women comes at them with walking stick swinging around her head and we shopping trolley not far behind. Luckely the first one in line saw her coming and ducked. The rest just scattered. She then went to the police station and said that one of them had knocked her to the ground by wheeling over her!! The police then came and warned the guys that if their were any more incedents then there would be ASBOs and bike taken of them. I went down to talk to them, and the answer was we know who she is and that she does cause problems, BUT as it was an official complaint they have to act on it. Nothing else came of it since, but you gotta love the loonies.

I had one yesterday where I was reverse parking my van in Edinburgh into a space to see this middle age woman in my mirrors staggering away. I thought sh*t Ive hit her. Stopped the van jumped out to see if she was okay. She looked straight at me and went "Im F***in mad I am" several times and bet you thought you hit me, gave me a big cuddle, put on her mirror shades and sped of down the street laughing her ass off. Love life!! Maybe the first old dears daughter

• Like 1

Best one up here in Bonnie Scotland, was my lads were out in the street with some mates and this crazy old women comes at them with walking stick swinging around her head and we shopping trolley not far behind. Luckely the first one in line saw her coming and ducked. The rest just scattered. She then went to the police station and said that one of them had knocked her to the ground by wheeling over her!! The police then came and warned the guys that if their were any more incedents then there would be ASBOs and bike taken of them. I went down to talk to them, and the answer was we know who she is and that she does cause problems, BUT as it was an official complaint they have to act on it. Nothing else came of it since, but you gotta love the loonies.

I had one yesterday where I was reverse parking my van in Edinburgh into a space to see this middle age woman in my mirrors staggering away. I thought sh*t Ive hit her. Stopped the van jumped out to see if she was okay. She looked straight at me and went "Im F***in mad I am" several times and bet you thought you hit me, gave me a big cuddle, put on her mirror shades and sped of down the street laughing her ass off. Love life!! Maybe the first old dears daughter

I've had a similar thing before where an oldish woman shouted at me right off the bat, which I was surprised by as i'm not a kid and wouldn't think someone would look at me and think 'hooligan' so I just said 'no problem' to her requests but in future asked her to address people in a more civil manner, as she needed only ask me politely and I would/did leave. She got annoyed saying all sorts of rubbish and I replied again that perhaps she'd get a more positive response off people if she didn't verbally attack them and perhaps just ask them. She got angrier still and I told her that'd she'd been condescending and derogatory and thought it was unnecessary. Still didn't get a positive response from her, but I explained I'd been polite in listening to her requests and would now be leaving, but she had just been argumentative, abrupt and rude. She was a bit taken a back and couldn't say anymore so we both parted and I apologised once more.

Five minutes later the police caught up with her and reportedly I had attacked her.... I think the expression on my face was enough to make them realise it was untrue and she was making a fuss. A short conversation later and I was on my way only left with the thought of how stupid people can be.

I've had a similar thing before where an oldish woman shouted at me right off the bat, which I was surprised by as i'm not a kid and wouldn't think someone would look at me and think 'hooligan' so I just said 'no problem' to her requests but in future asked her to address people in a more civil manner, as she needed only ask me politely and I would/did leave. She got annoyed saying all sorts of rubbish and I replied again that perhaps she'd get a more positive response off people if she didn't verbally attack them and perhaps just ask them. She got angrier still and I told her that'd she'd been condescending and derogatory and thought it was unnecessary. Still didn't get a positive response from her, but I explained I'd been polite in listening to her requests and would now be leaving, but she had just been argumentative, abrupt and rude. She was a bit taken a back and couldn't say anymore so we both parted and I apologised once more.

Five minutes later the police caught up with her and reportedly I had attacked her.... I think the expression on my face was enough to make them realise it was untrue and she was making a fuss. A short conversation later and I was on my way only left with the thought of how stupid people can be.

didn`t you know? people are stupid and intolerant of something they know nothing about. its ok, we are obviously scum who just want to trash and break things. that what i got told the other night after side hopping onto a park bench :)

• Like 1

I know trials riders are annoying, god knows they annoy me enough so I can see why certain people react negatively, I guess it's just how they do it that makes the difference.

I always like the typical: "this isn't a race track" - it ain't the 1940's, jeez....that sort of comment demands a sarcastic response....

The nicest thing I ever got was this fairly sexy older French woman who watched for a while (few years ago in Nottingham). After a while she approached me and said "I think it's beautiful what you're doing. You don't seem to fall, it is so graceful". I guess she was overly poetic about it, but still it was a nice change from the usual comments you get.

Thats a brilliant attitude and ALWAYS wins (even with the police (most of the time SP30 last year) and little hitler security guards). It is even more satisfying watching the person expecting an argument, not getting one. Makes you feel just warm and superior in every way.

'Where's your seat? Do you ever forget you have no seat and try to sit down?'

Well, obviously not, otherwise this would be a pretty shitty venture that i've gotten myself into! Besides, you can sit on the frame if you want to!

I hate that question! As if i'd be both stupid enough to buy a seatless bike and then sit on the wheel!

When the 24 tour randomly appeared and were riding outside sainsbury's. Police show up and first words out of his mouth were who's the leader here?

Had someone ask me if i was riding a GT? When it clearly says in massive bold block capitols "MEGAMO"... That's a funny BMX... What sprocket is that?!?

One of the funniest has to be "that bike is sick! look at the wheels and everything, don't your innertube pop out them holes?" I mean are people seriously that numb...

I've had a few old women ask me what type of riding it's called when I've been near a local church. Quite funny really as they seem to be the only "group" that seem genuinely interested when I'm out riding and aren't concerned about me possibly damaging something!