R/c Cars

isitafox

I have one, its an electric version of the kyosho alpha pureten but i would want £70 and it'll only come with some basic nicads. Its a great platform, blooming quick and the rc gear is good, has a digital display and you can alter loads of stuff :)

Thanks for the offer but it's out of what i can spend, just need something cheap to see if he really likes it. Dont want to buy it to find out he does not like it after all

Edited by D Rock 45

Just got his after getting out of R/C about 6 yrs ago

RIght outa the box

hdsss006.jpg

Painted this body for it painted the wheels

hbn013.jpg

So fun Im not even running lipo on it and just having a blast, 2 of my freinds goit them too and we built a little track crazy good time,

anybody have any ideas as to what i can use to replace the pull start cord on a nitro rc car? mine's snapped and i'm buggered if i'm buying a new one for the sake of a big of flashy string.

been thinking about some kind of fishing line like 200lb or something? someone must have done this bogery before.

i know this is a 'leccy thread bbut its a pointless starting a new topic for....

Edited by trials hoe

• 1 year later...

IMAG0596_zps80dff3ab.jpg

My mi1.

Cf top chassis, mi4 adjustable shocks with pro spring setup, quite a few alloy upgrades, hotbodies 13t brushless motor with sensored speedpassion Citrix stock esc, spektrum reciever and savox 2054 servo, full ti turnbuckle setup running olllllld hpi t-drifts.

Still running on 7.2v 6 cell stick packs, I don't see any need for lipos in it, with drift tyres I get over 80mins out of a 4500mah setup.

Hopefully soon replacing this with an mi4 if the seller stops dicking about..

IMAG0597_zpse3772671.jpg

My schuy cougar svr. Only had this about 6 weeks and love it to bits! Standard svr with big bores, cf shock towers and top chassis with alloy main chassis. Spektrum reciever with savox 2054 and team Orion sensorless 13t brushless setup. It goes like stink for a 13t setup. Only few mods I've got planned is ti turnbuckle set, geared diff and a spring kit, the rears a little soft so just needs something abit stiffer.

Still got my mo3 tamiya mini. Running a 15x2 reedy motor on a Novak electra, spectrum receiver and savox 2054, fully ball raced with a few alloy bits. I ran in a few of the mini classes this year at my local club and it dominated :lol: just a shame I couldn't get to more, I think I'd have been in with a chance of winning the series.

• 1 month later...

Yeah full spares are available at racing-cars.com

If you go on current cars then mi1 there's a spares section there with everything down to grub screws.

Edit- http://www.racing-cars.com/scp/New_Cars_and_Parts/Mi1.html

It's up for sale as I've bought a schumacher mi4cx but think I might sell that soon. I'm really getting into 2wd buggies.

I didn't realize the mi1 was still in production, i won my first (and only) novice cup with one of those!

yeah I always wanted a decent buggy, more practical. Was given a HPI rush but sold it on. Want to get a 1/8 buggy idealy. there no clubs or anything up my way I dont think.

have you seen the brushless powered 1/8th buggies, they're mental

I used to have a HPI RS4 Rally. What happened to HPI? They used to be a big player but seem to have gone away a bit now?

Still running on 7.2v 6 cell stick packs, I don't see any need for lipos in it, with drift tyres I get over 80mins out of a 4500mah setup.

I used to get 8 minutes out of mine :D

I used to have a HPI RS4 Rally. What happened to HPI? They used to be a big player but seem to have gone away a bit now?

I used to get 8 minutes out of mine :D

Ah memories, my 1200 tamiya stick pack used to be the same! back when the best packs around were phil greeno 1700scr at about 70 quid!

I think HPI have moved more into the accessory side of things.

I've melted plenty of the tamiya type battery connectors though!

Yea i melted those too and replaced them with deans connectors. The rally had an inner body to keep things clean which also made things very warm. I changed the gearing after destroying a few things :)

• 3 months later...

A wee bump and kinda OT being nitro but...

dug this out this morn, gt4 rtr ii .18 jobbie with missing pull start and exhaust manifold/link pipe (whatever its called). Been stored for time and needs some cash spending on it get it working again, anyone know their stuff about these? ie is it worth saving or throwing away haha. Remember it cost a shit load new (years ago) and bored me after 10min, pic shows everything I found so far bar the rx7 bodyshell

Pic got a bit resizeraped :(

post-30295-0-25766500-1394372141_thumb.j

Edited by trials hoe

• 2 months later...

Well, after running the hyper7 and spending mad amounts of money on it it'll be up for sale soon, nitros just not for me.

Still running my cougar svr and mi3.5 drifter but might flog the drifter and replace with a cougar k1 aero for some 4wd buggy action.