R/c Cars

isitafox

Planes always look awesome, but take up soo much space lolol.

imagejpg2_zps24c03a08.jpg

imagejpg1_zps1edf325d.jpg

Now sporting more race friendly tyres, was going through a set of mini pins ever few meets!

Recently had a big spec up on the cougar,

-Medium flex front arms

-HD shock bladders and a set of emulsion shocks for bashing

-Gear diff running 5000cst oil, so much more stable out the turns

-Savox SC-1528 high speed servo

-Titanium turnbuckles front, rear and steering

-Full range of springs front and rear (handles fantastic running a softer setup)

-Full stainless screw set

-Turnigy Nanotech 6.0 lipos (epic run times and speed burst)

Fully enjoying buggies, might go for a 4wd schui Cat sometime for something abit more planted.

PBM racing in newthorpe, they're helpful guys and Andy the owner designed the original Schumacher mission! They only tend to stock good quality race stuff so for bits and bobs they can be quite pricey but for chassis kits/tyres and stuff they're spot on.

I started an RC car club at school recently, we are using my old cars and spares currently. We have been donated 2 Tamiyas which is pretty cool and the kids are currently building an off road beasty and some Mardave style cars. I've funded it all so far as the school won't support it, but at least it gets them into engineering :) looking forward to 3D printing some stuff for them, means we will have a quick way to repair many of the parts once they grasp CAD properly

• Like 1

I dunno if it's still going Paul but when I was at school we did entered a competition called formula schools, build your own petrol powered 1/8 touring car, develop it then race at silverstone paddocks. It was really good! We entered and came 5th after some bullshit schools who got sponsorship from local hobby supplies and manufacturers.

Thought I'd tie up loose ends on my drift chassis before starting another build..

imagejpg1_zps248061fe.jpg

Shortened and tidied all wiring, just waiting on some more 3pin servo plugs to shorten my esc to receiver wiring. Shaved the infers out of the front hubs for more lock but will soon be modding this for a front motor setup which should be cool. Installed a front way one a few weeks ago which has made a massive improvement, car steers and tracks perfect now. Helps no end locking the back end up with the fronts still spinning.

• 2 weeks later...

imagejpg1_zpsc54ca48c.jpg

Almost built, just waiting on alloy servo mounts and alloy steering rack before I go any further with it. Brilliant bit of kit to put together thou, looking foward to getting it on the track.

Bought a speed passion gran turismo 2 carbon ESC and speed passion v3 motor in 6.5t to run in it so it should be a flying machine!

I think so. The remote has a stubby little aerial. That stuffs all new since i had my HPI RS4 Rally. Funnily enough its the same guy that has my old car. He thinks it's a dodgy power switch cutting all the radio gear out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been meaning to post in here since last time, I have been running an RC car club for the past year at school (self funded) and have been trying to evolve it a bit this year into something a bit more interesting. Currently using my own cars and building parts on the 3D Printer

I contacted HPI Racing and they have donated 3 cars, an E-Firestorm, Nitro RS4 Drift and a Trophy 3.5 buggy-Pretty generous! hoping to get funding from the school now that the clubs more popular although I doubt they will :(

I have also been printing some cars from thingyverse, nearly all the parts are done ready for assembly, this is what they should look like:

Botmobile

photo_preview_featured.jpg

1/18 pan racer

foto_5_preview_featured.jpg

And a Buster buggy

Buggy_2_grande.jpg?258

I'd like to try the open buggy and 1/10 rally car soon too, i'll see how these go first!

If anybody has any old parts (literally any old bits that we can use/modify) that they would like to donate then that would be awesome, i'd happily pay postage/collect if you aren't far from Nottingham/Burton

Edited by CurtisRider

wow, few nice RC's here..

I have a few myself..

Hobao Hyper 7 TQ2, with a novarossi .21 3port engine..

Traxxas Revo 3.3, with Picco .28 engine

HPI RS4 Evo 3+, with Novarossi .12 race engine, and carbon fibre upgrades

Tamiya TT01, with Ezrun 5.5t brushless setup, runs on Turnigy 3S Lipo

Traxxas Stampede Xl-5, with Traxxas Velinion brushless setup..

King Motor Baja 5b 29cc, loads of mods..

Im a big kid at heart too :D

We had an opening evening so I set up the Rc car stuff alongside the 3D printer so parents could see what we were up to, had massive gatherings around my table and some very annoyed colleagues who were getting far less attention :P This picture doesn't show the 3d printed cars unfortunately

2014-10-15163437_zps967e2cb8.jpg

I'm working on my own fully 3D printed car as well as the kids doing there own too, they will be Mardave style and i'm also looking at doing a nitro version as we got donated an engine complete with electric start. The plan is to make something totally small and ridiculously quick!

• Like 2