Design A Gb Riding Shirt - Vote For The Winner Now Open

BikeTrial Federation

COMPETITION - Design a riding shirt

The Biketrial Federation, with funds provided by sponsors, want to provide British riders attending international trials events with a Great Britain riding shirt to enable them to show that they are riding for Britain without having to pay for their own shirt.

The competition is to design that shirt! It can be long-sleeved or short-sleeved, whichever you like.

The winning entry will receive a cheque for £20.00 plus their own exclusive version of the shirt!

The rules are as follows:

• The design must include the Biketrial Federation's logo (attached below)
  • The design must include the Union Jack flag.
  • The design must include some appropriate wording.
  • The design must be suitable to use on either a white or coloured shirt (please also make your suggestion of colour to go with your design).

Email your entry to us as:

a. a picture showing the design on the shirt

and

b. a jpg file of the actual design for us to use.

Send entries to: trial_entry@biketrialuk.co.uk

The email should include your name and address (to send the prize to if you should win).

Copyright of all design entries will be the property of the Biketrial Federation for possible future use (if we later decide to use a non-winning entry you will be notified before use).

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES 16th March 2012

post-1091-0-15232900-1329561799_thumb.jp

Edited by BikeTrial Federation

Could people buy these or similar bike trial fed shirts?

The idea is that these shirts are 'exclusive' and for riders who are representing Britain in international competitions. I see no reason why we can't get some standard BTF ones made up to sell - we'll look into it.

What programs are you guys using? I've got loads on paper.. Struggling to get it into a valid format!

Is GiMP Free? The only version i have of photoshop i have is 7 :/ plus i don't really have a clue how to use it..

Paint.NET (which I used for mine) is free and has most of the basic functions of Photoshop I believe (Y)

Thanks for the offer guys, i've been trying to get a decent picture of the sketches to upload for you but i can get a good pic. So i'll just explain the idea and someone else could do it and enter it if you like. I'd just like to see some of my idea on the shirt in the end.

Basically take a picture of a 24" wheel (3x spoke pattern) with a tyre on it. Replace the make on the tyre with the bike trial fed logo (on the curve so the logo will need a bit of changing about! And a union jack behind the wheel but faded out round the edges. (If you look at the wheel hard enough you will see that the lines of the union jack will almost fit perfectly into the 3x spoke pattern when slightly skewed.) On a white long sleved jersey with bike trial fed logo down one arm and riders name down the other leaving space for another sponsor or rider number. That's one of my ideas...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the offer guys, i've been trying to get a decent picture of the sketches to upload for you but i can get a good pic. So i'll just explain the idea and someone else could do it and enter it if you like. I'd just like to see some of my idea on the shirt in the end.

Basically take a picture of a 24" wheel (3x spoke pattern) with a tyre on it. Replace the make on the tyre with the bike trial fed logo (on the curve so the logo will need a bit of changing about! And a union jack behind the wheel but faded out round the edges. (If you look at the wheel hard enough you will see that the lines of the union jack will almost fit perfectly into the 3x spoke pattern when slightly skewed.) On a white long sleved jersey with bike trial fed logo down one arm and riders name down the other leaving space for another sponsor or rider number. That's one of my ideas...

you don't know anyone who's got a scanner? that would probably be best.. ^^

Are you guys gonna pick the winner or is it going to go to some sort of vote? Please don't pick a shit looking one!

We will be selecting a shortlist from the designs received and then putting these to a vote by you guys on the website. You can see the designs received so far on our homepage (http://www.biketrialuk.co.uk/) and there's still time to submit your own design before the deadline on the 16th.