New Tensile Freewheel Project

Mike Poyzer @ Onza

The lockring's on the back of the freewheel so it shouldn't really be able to come loose. The main freewheel itself looks similar to most 108.9s, and it's never really been a problem with them.

I didn't make myself clear enough. I meant the one that would hold the freewheel/adapter (hint, hint) onto the crank arm.

Please don't do an Ashton on us and string us along forever before actually releasing these! I'm gonna need a new drivetrain in the not-too-distant future, and your 96 click has been so good to me I'd be highly inclined to go with this rather than Trialtechs and an SL.

Edited by aener

Having the recess for the circlip will add a few mm to the overall depth, which is pretty crucial in that area.

I did not think of that.

Any chance of a proper six sided nut or something like as a lockring, instead of that silly two-hole, do it up with a pin spanner afair.

Space again :(

orrrhhh...

Just my luck with lockrings isn't so hot so I'd love to see a different system.

What about replacing the lockring all together with somthing like an R clip (A big 'un). That could then be faced so it was flush to the end of the crank.

EDIT: The guy who said to put cartridge bearings like an eno in the freewheel also makes a good point...

Edited by CC12345678910

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

the perfect tool for this would have to be a saint centrelock tool as far as it being the right size for the job. just a bit larger than the hg tool

TLLR20_dzt.jpg?width=480&height=480

how well is the lockring holding out to side loads on the bash ring?

and will there be a 150ish option for mod bikes

Edited by dezmtber

• 2 weeks later...

I like your signature.

The 96 click one works fine. They should keep working on this sensible crank idea that many riders have suggested as something they want to see, rather than dangling it in front of our faces and saying, 'this is what we could make, but we won't.'

• Like 1

• 3 years later...